Neptune trident

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trident c.PNG

I would hope places like this have their Neptune distributor licenses revoked.

Salt_Creep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope places like this have their Neptune distributor licenses revoked.

Yeah. Except like my guy Method Man said, Cash rules everything. Businesses are in the business of making money. As a my guy Method Man once said; "Cash rules everything". As a seller, why sell a product for $600 when there is a line of people standing there offer 3x that. As a manufacturer, why would you tell someone selling your product, making you money "Hey, you can't sell my product anymore!" It suck ethically, but it's just the way the world is. I deal with the mixed feelings every Christmas when the toy my kids must have is sold out everywhere but its 5x the price on ebay.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was reading about the ADC programming on the Trident...simply awesome. I figured Neptune would eventually come up with ways to have the DOS dose according to the Trident testing in order to keep desired levels, but didn't know this feature would be available right off the gate. Very excited

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the warranty void after buying these from the retailers since they are obviously not using MAP pricing?

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Except like my guy Method Man said, Cash rules everything. Businesses are in the business of making money. As a my guy Method Man once said; "Cash rules everything". As a seller, why sell a product for $600 when there is a line of people standing there offer 3x that. As a manufacturer, why would you tell someone selling your product, making you money "Hey, you can't sell my product anymore!" It suck ethically, but it's just the way the world is. I deal with the mixed feelings every Christmas when the toy my kids must have is sold out everywhere but its 5x the price on ebay.

This is not the same thing as someone off the street buying something and flipping it, this is far worse. It's the same as a local car dealership putting a 'market adjustment' on a new hot vehicle - That's actually illegal up here in Canada. In this case it's actually even worse than that because the guy won't name a price and is just auctioning it off.

xhcl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about the rest of the Apex folks around here but I for one am watching the show going on on Ebay. Looks like already there are listings that are lets say... less than legitimate... with stolen photos from listings right next to them. This is getting fun. This reminds me of scalping of the NES Classics a few years ago and then the scalpers tried the same thing when the Switch came out, but nintendo actually shipped plenty of Switches."NEPTUNE TRIDENT IN HAND SEALED" everywhere. Once Neptune starts full shipping of the devices and everybody who has more dollars than common sense gets theirs at these prices the scalpers better be ready to settle on hooking it up to their system or selling it to me for $200.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAP is Minimal Advertised Price. I don’t believe it sets a maximum. Only a minimum. While it is pretty crummy, I don’t think MAP itself prevents it. Now I don’t know what their reseller agreement states.

Don

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine, wow is it easy to setup and use, i paid map pricing.

This was worth the wait! F34A3376-149D-447F-AA7E-409E5F6F0A1F.png image.jpg

But you're suppose to wait a couple days for the unit to break in... I'd worry about results shifting (especially over time) since it wasn't properly set up.

EDIT: I'm assuming you did the calibration. If not, ignore me lol

Last edited:

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it not setup properly, this is a bold statement base on what ?

Based on the instructions....

Terrence also explained this in the announcement vid. On BRS live, the other day, they mentioned they'rve been letting it break in for two weeks. I doubt that long is necessary but either way its quite clearly stated that it has a break-in period.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it not setup properly, this is a bold statement base on what ?

Wasn’t it supposed to pull from a solution to calibrate it for a few days? We all are under asssumption since we can only read what’s on the internet and not on the box.

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I didn't know official retailers could just flip merc on ebay.

It would be pretty sweet if profits of a raffle (excess over the official selling price) went to a coral restoration fund or some such thing.

Then everyone gets a 'chance' at getting that one unit, the retailer stills makes its profit, someone wins one cheap and it makes their day, a good deed is done, and the retailer gets some good kudos and probably some new customers.

I'll be honest, this is the worst kind of thinking.

First, it's not the company's job to donate "excess" profits.

Second, life isn't fair. Not everyone gets (deserves) a "chance" at buying something.

Third, the free market will decide the best course of action. If people really care about a company flipping these items, they can show that by not doing business with them, as was suggested by an earlier post. Or, as will likely be the case, people will not care and then the person who is willing to make the biggest sacrifice (pay the most) will receive their due reward.

Surprisingly, as to my personal opinion, I think businesses that do that price hike are sucky and I probably wouldn't shop there. However, I'll leave that up to them to decide.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t it supposed to pull from a solution to calibrate it for a few days?

I'm watching the intro vids (in apex fusion) and they say DO NOT calibrate until its been up and running for 48 hours. As for adding reagents, it seems like that is a part of the initial setup. As long as he didn't calibrate it should be fine. That said: I imagine re-calibrating in a few day would be okay... i'd hope anyway.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the instructions....

Terrence also explained this in the announcement vid. On BRS live, the other day, they mentioned they'rve been letting it break in for two weeks. I doubt that long is necessary but either way its quite clearly stated that it has a break-in period.

Dude they said to run it, it’s running and I followed the instructions. You are misinformed, they said wait a few days to calibrate.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude they said to run it, it’s running and I followed the instructions. You are misinformed, they said wait a few days to calibrate.

I didn't say not to run it, dude. I'm talking about letting it break in before calibrating. If he didn't calibrate then hes doing it properly.

Capture.JPG

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, it a been released, everyone should be happy, I am, and now people start to complain about something else. SERIOUSLY!!! A maintenance fee of between 100 and 200 dollars, depending on which way you go isn't bad at all. Let look at the maintenance fee of a salt water tank in general. We replace carbon, filter media, C02 scrubber media, filter socks, salt, etc, etc. I would rather spend between 100 to 200 dollars for maintenance on something as important as the trident than replacing what is in my tank. We wanted constant testing and now we have it, let's be happy with that and move on to what the trident can do for us in the future.

Oh, and the maintenance is recommended every 18 to 24 months, so that is a monthly maintenance fee of 11.11 dollars for 18 months and 8.33 for 24 months, pretty cheap to me.:)

I am just too cheap to comprehend all this...

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 71 29.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 52 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%

Back