Neptune trident

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you're suppose to wait a couple days for the unit to break in... I'd worry about results shifting (especially over time) since it wasn't properly set up.

EDIT: I'm assuming you did the calibration. If not, ignore me lol

I didn't say not to run it, dude. I'm talking about letting it break in before calibrating. If he didn't calibrate then hes doing it properly.

Capture.JPG

You added the edit after you claimed I installed it wrong based on something you "saw", stop spreading info and telling me " since it wasn't properly set up" since you haven't a clue what i did or didn't do, i just shared my screen shot and install.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You added the edit after you claimed I installed it wrong based on something you "saw", stop spreading info and telling me " since it wasn't properly set up" since you haven't a clue what i did or didn't do, i just shared my screen shot and install.

I watched the apex fusion vids and just posted a screenshot.

You do realize we are both saying the exact same thing right? If you didn't calibrate, all is well. I was just worried, when I saw your post, that you had jumped ahead.

Take a breath.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the apex fusion vids and just posted a screenshot.

You do realize we are both saying the exact same thing right? If you didn't calibrate, all is well. I was just worried, when I saw your post, that you had jumped ahead.

Take a breath.

I’m breathing fine, thanks for
Your concerns, you assumed I did something wrong when I didnt even ask. You need to breath sir. /done

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m breathing fine, thanks for
Your concerns, you assumed I did something wrong when I didnt even ask. You need to breath sir. /done

Obviously my assumption that you calibrated was wrong. I was just worried and trying to help. Like wow, there's no need to get so defensive about it lol

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only hope that some day, the amount of good and joy the Trident brings into the world manages to somehow exceed the amount of angst and bitterness I'm seeing happen as a result of it so far. If that day ever comes, I'll be able to die without feeling like my existence was a blight on the world.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only hope that some day, the amount of good and joy the Trident brings into the world manages to somehow exceed the amount of angst and bitterness I'm seeing happen as a result of it so far. If that day ever comes, I'll feel like I can die without feeling like my existence was a blight on the world.

Jim,

I simply don’t understand all the negativity surrounding the Trident. I for one am thankful for your ingenuity and creativity. For every vocal naysayer, I believe there are 10 people standing back and shaking their heads who appreciate you and the product you helped to create. I was part of The NSI group for Trident and I am grateful for it. It has simplified the turn around of my tank and made my life better.

Thank You,

Don

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only hope that some day, the amount of good and joy the Trident brings into the world manages to somehow exceed the amount of angst and bitterness I'm seeing happen as a result of it so far. If that day ever comes, I'll be able to die without feeling like my existence was a blight on the world.
Jim what you came up with is great. Some people are just entitled and believe they should have everything because it's there to be had and there is no patience to wait for it. Thank you for what you have done for this hobby!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, don't really know who you are, but it seems you had something to do with or was the person who thought up the Trident. Either way I am thankful for its creation and look forward to the day when its hooked up to my tank.

#TridentFanBoy

Last edited:

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, don't really know who you are, but it seems you had something to do or was the person who thought up the Trident. Either way I am thankful for its creation and look forward to the day when its hooked up to my tank.

I second this whole statement. I have waited for this product before it was even announced and I am very thankful.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jim,

I simply don’t understand all the negativity surrounding the Trident. I for one am thankful for your ingenuity and creativity. For every vocal naysayer, I believe there are 10 people standing back and shaking their heads who appreciate you and the product you helped to create. I was part of The NSI group for Trident and I am grateful for it. It has simplified the turn around of my tank and made my life better.

Thank You,

Don

giphy.gif

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you wanting to know more about accuracy. My trident was pretty close to my hanna and red sea test kits out of the box. After it was calibrated it was almost spot on with those testers except the hanna calcium which I never really trusted (I would test three times and average the three every time I tested). I now test manually every two weeks just for fun and to make sure the calibration is solid. No complaints or issues with drift so far.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be honest, this is the worst kind of thinking.

First, it's not the company's job to donate "excess" profits.

Second, life isn't fair. Not everyone gets (deserves) a "chance" at buying something.

Third, the free market will decide the best course of action. If people really care about a company flipping these items, they can show that by not doing business with them, as was suggested by an earlier post. Or, as will likely be the case, people will not care and then the person who is willing to make the biggest sacrifice (pay the most) will receive their due reward.

Surprisingly, as to my personal opinion, I think businesses that do that price hike are sucky and I probably wouldn't shop there. However, I'll leave that up to them to decide.

I will be honest, It is just an item. I was just listing a best-case-scenario that would be fun. I never said it was their job. I literally said "It would be pretty sweet" - as in ykno... a cool thing to see instead of greed. Just like when companies give away prizes or sponsor events, it's nice of them to do and fun for people.

Party pooper.

Last edited:

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jim,
It was an honor beta testing your Trident.

Please try and ignore the noise and drama. Hoping your designing the next big thing ;)

Last edited:

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would venture to say that it already has. I am sure it helped quite a few people in the testing phase. With these threads as with most things in life, the vast majority of people are watching and listening without much comment until they directly experience it. There are always a minority of people that can get themselves upset over just about anything and another subset of people that just get off on arguing about just about everything.
I would like to thank you for your hard work and a great invention that will make the hobby more enjoyable for lots, and with any luck the majority of people.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it easy Jim. You should not take it personal. This is not insulin we are talking about.
The critique "negativity" have nothing to do with your invention. The idea was baught and marketed by neptune. People who liked trident like Neptune trident product, and who hate it hate Neptune trident product....
Respect jim.

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s honestly the same 3-5 people complaining and drowning out the other 90+% that are genuinely interested in how it works and how it will benefit them and their reef tank.

After being in the Trident NSI for a few months I definitely saw improvement in my tank. Everyone just needs to give it time to let these first units run and see the ease of use and results it provides.

Those people will share their opinion and pictures will come out with improved coral color and health.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Youre contribution/creation of this product has very little to do with whats being discussed here (i.e the marketing/perceived poor announcement (I dont agree) schedule, etc). I think anyone that trys to introduce something into a hobby - like the inventor of the trickle filter etc etc - deserves a great deal of credit - or the inventor of bioballs, etc etc etc. Whether in 50 years an alkalinity monitor results in a breakthrough - no one (today) knows - but - you certainly deserve the credit. The issues about marketing, etc should not make you feel less or more happy/.fulfilled about the idea you brought to this great hobby - I for one salute you. and Thank you:)

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jim, the dumb bs will pass, or at least fade into the background.

Until then, remember the first time we talked about this in a hotel room? Remember how I lost my **** with excitement? Remember when we set up the AMI at the house, and I how I lost my **** with excitement? Remember when it borked and I told you you could have it back when you pried it from my cold dead fingers? Remember when I was giddy that the Trident was nearing Beta? I still fell all that excitement today, and I have been running the trident for a while now. This thing is excellent and it is your fault. You ROCK, and this product ROCKS.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with Jim taking it a bit personally. We’re not blaming him/you nor the machine, it’s pretty friggin sweet and I wouldn’t even know where to begin to design such a thing. I just believe the launch and marketing/transparency could have been done better. In six months nobody is going to remember any of this but (let’s hope) the Trident will still be helping people have better tanks, and will help people enjoy the hobby more, and that’s really what matters.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim, I saw this in passing and I had to comment. I have yet to see a single person say anything negative at all about how it functions, it's accuracy and/or precision, it's ingenuity, it's efficiency, etc., etc., etc. If anyone has anything negative to say it seems to be directed @Terence and the Neptune folks for marketing, pricing decisions, communication contents/methods and timing, etc.

I will add that when I saw you debut the original tester, it blew my mind. It is so incredibly ingenious, useful/helpful, efficient, and well thought out. Then you added the two additional reagents that make Ca/Mg available with just three total reagents, that's amazing!

If you find anyone saying anything negative about you, please let me know. I know people. They are incredibly smart and persuasive and would easily have these naysayers converted quickly ;):):):)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back