Neptune trident

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190507-213038_Messages.jpg

Heard they got 3 units with about 30 people on waiting list.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't buy it. All the first to buy are the test dummies. That's how neptune works.

Put it out there as quick as possible for as high price as possible. Than find out what the problems are. While helping a few they say sorry to the rest. And than they just work the corks out of the next generation.

Just a hyped up expensive throw away company.

Careful what you buy into!!

Actually, our NSI team are “test dummies”. Isn’t that right guys? Hahaha.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence, could you answer the question above. Don't let those people get to you...

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't want em. They're literally in a trash pile, with my kh gaurdian alk controller. And some other garbage. Could of sold or gave away. But I don't sell or give away garbage.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't want em. They're literally in a trash pile, with my kh gaurdian alk controller. And some other garbage. Could of sold or gave away. But I don't sell or give away garbage.

I could give a donation to the owner of said "garbage"

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
none in stock anywhere to be had..

Terence said on the video last night they will be in weekly shipments. Just get on a email reminder with the online vendors and be quick. Or you can check the LFS's

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they already mentioned that the line will completely purge itself to have new water available for every test. I don't know how much water is in a 5' RO line...but it's probably minimal.

It’s not typical RO tubing. If you watch the video on how to connect the lines, you’ll see they are very skinny.

U

User1

View Badges
Don't buy it. All the first to buy are the test dummies. That's how neptune works.

Put it out there as quick as possible for as high price as possible. Than find out what the problems are. While helping a few they say sorry to the rest. And than they just work the corks out of the next generation.

Just a hyped up expensive throw away company.

Careful what you buy into!!

While you are correct with the last statement of being careful what you buy thus the Latin saying...Caveat emptor. You are not really being fair by stating your opinion that first buyers are test dummies and we disagree. Neptune had a similar run with their Cor pumps and a similar launch with high demand but low number of product available. Within a week or two more products started to roll out and inventory started to equalize.

First buyers are not test dummies. That is why they run their beta tests. Those test results may or may not delay the product. By the time the product reaches us usually it is pretty solid and will do as it states. I picked up a Cor 15 upon launch and it is going strong a year and half later. I have 2 Cor 15's and later picked up a Cor 20. Never once felt like a test dummy by picking up the Cor 15 at launch. You want to see a failed product launch go look at Vectra return pumps...

Also I'm not sure what you mean by saying "just a hyped up expensive throw away company". I think you mean product. The product isn't going anywhere and it is cheaper than other products and integrates seamlessly if you have an Apex ecosystem. If you already have the ecosystem in place then chances are high you have a dosing system from them which means even more control. I will say that their products are not the prettiest with regards to form factors but to say they are throw away I'm not sure you understand, or maybe acknowledge, that they are the primary controller in our hobby next to GHL.

They didn't get that way by being expensive or developing throw away items. It doesn't mean they don't have product failures or other issues. I don't think my opinion is going to change yours or yours mine though which is fine.

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only hope that some day, the amount of good and joy the Trident brings into the world manages to somehow exceed the amount of angst and bitterness I'm seeing happen as a result of it so far. If that day ever comes, I'll be able to die without feeling like my existence was a blight on the world.

I truly believe this will be like childbirth. People are angry and/or disappointed about not having one right now or maybe trying to justify why they won't buy one. But once they get their hands on it and use it, they'll forget all the bitterness and disappointment and put in an order for the next batch of reagents.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I look at it in all products and services. The more hyped up and bigger the company the more disposable the product becomes.

I'm in the construction field. What I see is craftsmen work alone. Because if your a true craftsmen not to many can match your work. And you care so much about giving a great product you do it alone. Than theres the rest. From the owner to the guy hacking. With the just get it done I need my money mentality. They even have crews to fix all the mistakes visible to the eyes.

The answer I get most from the bug guys is if you want to go big let go. Really??

I chose to be a craftsmen and not chase the money. I'm happy!

Sorry I just don't like these poor product everyone is making a killing on now days. I'll leave you alone now.

Remember more hype usually equals more problems.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence, could you answer the question above. Don't let those people get to you...
Guys, it is getting kind of hard to follow all these threads for the serious questions what with all the hand wringing and griping. So, I created the "Official" FAQ thread just for that purpose. That said, it is quite polluted now too so I am working on that with R2R. I would like to keep one, clean thread, to take questions and give answers - then we can update our official company Trident thread with those that become "Frequent" here is the link:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650/

acjobim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not what he stated last night in the video, I think it was around that 17 min mark.

I am not sure how accurate this can be testing current conditions as some of the water in the lines would be from the previous tests. If you were to dose to make up for the loss of dkh, say for the second test, wouldn't some of the first test water still be in there?
Maybe this is also part of the reason to test 4 times per day and also the reason not to dose the entire solution in one dose to make up for what's lost.

@Terence could you please elaborate here.

The line is flushed before each test. About 7ml of FRESH tank water is used for each individual test. I will say this again. That is why it is important to not alter the length of the sample line. It is flushed before each test.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back