Neptune trident

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder, the line can not be shortened but if we want to add a check valve could we trim the exact length to compensate for that? My stand is a little funky and I'm not sure the Trident can be above the sumps water line. (I'm always paranoid about back siphoning)

I was wondering about water level too. If the unit is sensitive to feed line length, presumably pressure differentials from water being below or above the unit would also be a problem? Maybe my perfect spot for trident won’t be so perfect after all.

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was reading about the ADC programming on the Trident...simply awesome. I figured Neptune would eventually come up with ways to have the DOS dose according to the Trident testing in order to keep desired levels, but didn't know this feature would be available right off the gate. Very excited

As somebody who’s highly suspicious of test or sensor driven dosing I have to say that is pretty cool.

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim, I saw this in passing and I had to comment. I have yet to see a single person say anything negative at all about how it functions, it's accuracy and/or precision, it's ingenuity, it's efficiency, etc., etc., etc. If anyone has anything negative to say it seems to be directed @Terence and the Neptune folks for marketing, pricing decisions, communication contents/methods and timing, etc.

I will add that when I saw you debut the original tester, it blew my mind. It is so incredibly ingenious, useful/helpful, efficient, and well thought out. Then you added the two additional reagents that make Ca/Mg available with just three total reagents, that's amazing!

If you find anyone saying anything negative about you, please let me know. I know people. They are incredibly smart and persuasive and would easily have these naysayers converted quickly ;):):):)
You left out the part about how I do this without having any pure water rinse available. :D

killr66tb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe people are complaining about Neptune I bought a digital aquatics and guess what happened when I went to their website for a update it was gone thank God for Neptune a great American company employing American people making American products thanks Terrence

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im looking forward to hearing about performance and likes/dislikes of the unit

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I was feeling puckish.
I love that word, it’s delightfully descriptive. I’ve been feeling similarly all day. No need to be sorry, I feel your pain! The allowance for such is what makes R2R great! Hope you have a great week, and know that we appreciate all of your contributions to our community! Everyone here is better off for your participation, whether they know it directly not not! :):):)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how much water the 5’ feed hose contains, and whether this is fully replaced during each test. Perhaps this is the reason, in part, for the minimum frequency. If the hose does not fully purge each test, you’d essentially be getting measurements on old water. No doubt they thought this through.....

Moonrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just too cheap to comprehend all this...

I notice my hannah's start to wear out after a year and replace them. $100-$200 for maintenance every 2 years is nothing. Go on vacation for 3 days and let something bad happen. It will cost you more than $100 in accidents. This is your insurance policy. Apex has saved my butt so many times, I'm grateful.

Complete & Total Automation. I haven't had to do anything to my tank for the past 2 years nor had to worry about any crashes. If you program everything right. You have nothing to worry about.

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how much water the 5’ feed hose contains, and whether this is fully replaced during each test. Perhaps this is the reason, in part, for the minimum frequency. If the hose does not fully purge each test, you’d essentially be getting measurements on old water. No doubt they thought this through.....

I believe they already mentioned that the line will completely purge itself to have new water available for every test. I don't know how much water is in a 5' RO line...but it's probably minimal.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool.. Like the installation set up... much better than the old days. Nice work Terrance and Paul..

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they already mentioned that the line will completely purge itself to have new water available for every test. I don't know how much water is in a 5' RO line...but it's probably minimal.

This is not what he stated last night in the video, I think it was around that 17 min mark.

I am not sure how accurate this can be testing current conditions as some of the water in the lines would be from the previous tests. If you were to dose to make up for the loss of dkh, say for the second test, wouldn't some of the first test water still be in there?
Maybe this is also part of the reason to test 4 times per day and also the reason not to dose the entire solution in one dose to make up for what's lost.

@Terence could you please elaborate here.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its as easy to buy it if you want one and pass if you dont... where does the onslaught of personal opinions even fit? Neptune is a company.... they are in the game to offer a product and make $$$. is that so hard to accept?

Last edited by a moderator:

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't buy it. All the first to buy are the test dummies. That's how neptune works.

Put it out there as quick as possible for as high price as possible. Than find out what the problems are. While helping a few they say sorry to the rest. And than they just work the corks out of the next generation.

Just a hyped up expensive throw away company.

Careful what you buy into!!

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is sarcastic right?

You can’t please all of the people all of the time but you can really please some of the people some of the time.

Listening to my trident run is so comforting knowing that when I travel I will know my alk better than I did when was a home with just manual testing, The bonus is I get the other two parameters also !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back