Neptune trident

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't. If $50 is going to affect your buying decision, you can't afford it, plain and simple. Move on.
It wouldn't make a difference to me - but as someone else said - if you are buying the product at BRS or other retailers - there is no mention of this 'fee'. I think thats a slight issue. I dont think its a crime - but its 'odd'. Before I forked out 599 on a product I would probably go to their site - but its also not exactly quoted as 'price is 599 with a reagent cost of xx and a maintenance cost of xxx' is it? its buried in the FAQ - now before you attack back - I was only trying to point out - that though not nefarious - if I went to BRS and searched for an alk monitor - and bought it - and then found out - I might be disappointed. So rather than you taking this as a slam at Neptune - maybe take as a comment to Neptune that maybe they should put this on the other internet sites selling the product - or at least a link to the FAQ

U

User1

View Badges
I wonder, the line can not be shortened but if we want to add a check valve could we trim the exact length to compensate for that? My stand is a little funky and I'm not sure the Trident can be above the sumps water line. (I'm always paranoid about back siphoning)

Though now that I type that out , I wonder if the slight restriction of flow might throw things out of whack.

@Terence ?

Terence would be best to answer but I think it was noted towards the end of the live stream. Someone either asked the question or it was raised - something about a check valve or back siphon. I'm sorry I can't be specific and I sure in the heck am not saying to go back and re-watch ( :) ) but I do recall it noted during the last 30 minutes. Not sure that helps - maybe I should just zip it...

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if its accurate information, but someone who does a lot of business with Neptune told me the next batch will be mid August

Benibarra23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48F31BC1-FD27-43C4-9D48-BF1E9AEC1401.jpeg
Wow. Some shady retailers out there. I reached out to a local retailer to see if they had any in stock. Told me he would take the highest offer. For being a platinum retailer I would expect a little better than trying to skim a few extra bucks from customers.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Some shady retailers out there. I reached out to a local retailer to see if they had any in stock. Told me he would take the highest offer. For being a platinum retailer I would expect a little better than trying to skim a few extra bucks from customers.

Top Shelf Aquatics is raffling off theirs for $20/ticket, 50 tickets as well. While I do not know if it's technically against the rules of being a Neptune dist, it does make me have a different view of them.

EDIT: mod delete this post if needed. It’s off topic to the thread.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. I know you’re frustrated as I would be, but that’s not accurate. I went to BRS at 2:59 ET, put it in my basket at 2:59:40, still had to log into my account and then hit purchase. I was successful and completed my transaction at a few seconds past 3am.

Weird. What was said above is accurate by my account. I bought 2 of them at 11:53 pst and they were sold out by 11:55 pst so not sure how you got one that late. I also refreshed at 12 and a few mins after and still sold out...

Benibarra23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics is raffling off theirs for $20/ticket, 50 tickets as well. While I do not know if it's technically against the rules of being a Neptune dist, it does make me have a different view of them.
There’s just something unethical about taking advantage of people especially as a local retailer that depends on local hobbiest to stay in business. Raffles in my opinion are a little bit better. Some lucky person will get it for far cheaper. Taking the highest offer from one desperate customer is far worse.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. What was said above is accurate by my account. I bought 2 of them at 11:53 pst and they were sold out by 11:55 pst so not sure how you got one that late. I also refreshed at 12 and a few mins after and still sold out...

Well I just got an email from BRS...they made a mistake with inventory and I won’t be getting my trident on Monday as per the earlier receipt. [emoji20]

They said they would ship with the next batch. Bummer.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EDIT: mod delete this post if needed. It’s off topic to the thread.

I had planned a pretty big coral order with this company but not one dollar will go to them because of this. Terribly poor are the only words st come to thought

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just got an email from BRS...they made a mistake with inventory and I won’t be getting my trident on Monday as per the earlier receipt. [emoji20]

They said they would ship with the next batch. Bummer.

Yeah I was in the same boat with Premium Aquatics, their website oversold units. So they ended up calling me and canceling my order. Although they said due to strict orders from Neptune about no presales, they had to cancel my order instead of saving me one from the next shipment.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but supply and demand rules. Do you not see in there where he has a line of people AHEAD of you willing to pay MORE than you?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I didn't know official retailers could just flip merc on ebay.

It would be pretty sweet if profits of a raffle (excess over the official selling price) went to a coral restoration fund or some such thing.

Then everyone gets a 'chance' at getting that one unit, the retailer stills makes its profit, someone wins one cheap and it makes their day, a good deed is done, and the retailer gets some good kudos and probably some new customers.

Last edited:

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In stock at Premium Aquatics. Just scored mine! Wahoo

Well it appears I am one of the poor souls who had their order go through when they were already out of stock. Apparently Premium only had 6 units to begin with. Back to waiting, oh well.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back