New Here, can ya show me around!!

jshriev_157

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. My name is James, and I'm new here. Starting another tank after being out of the hobby for years. I purchased a reefer 350. I plan on doing a reef tank this time instead of a fish only tank. I ordered the Red Ogo from the Barn. Now I have to quickly find good light for it in the refugium. I have 2 red sea 90s for the display. I hope to find a great light that won't produce too much heat, work with the 90s to promote algae growth in the fuge instead of the display, and that has a built-in timer so I don't have to play the turn on and off game. I'll upload pics soon. My cycle is starting as the tank is starting to Brown!

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still learning my way around as well...... But maybe someone can answer me this (In accordance to him saying his tank is starting to brown) I started a tank about 6 months ago. Went through the brown ( Which Im assuming means diatoms) but then got ich. Everything (fish) is dead now. So I put my rock in a brute trashcan with heater,fresh salt water and powerhead. Not going to even set up until after full 88 day. Will I have to go through the browning stage again after starting from ground 0? I Plan on reef only after new Waterbox shows up.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. My name is James, and I'm new here. Starting another tank after being out of the hobby for years. I purchased a reefer 350. I plan on doing a reef tank this time instead of a fish only tank. I ordered the Red Ogo from the Barn. Now I have to quickly find good light for it in the refugium. I have 2 red sea 90s for the display. I hope to find a great light that won't produce too much heat, work with the 90s to promote algae growth in the fuge instead of the display, and that has a built-in timer so I don't have to play the turn on and off game. I'll upload pics soon. My cycle is starting as the tank is starting to Brown!
Welcome!

whale GIF

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t go wrong with a good old kessil fuge light but that’s expensive so I’d go with a Tunze fuge light. They make multiple sizes and are strips so you can do multiple or just 1 depending on the size of your tank. Quick tip you want to have your fuge light on at night and off during day to give even oxygen to the chaeto or such

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back