Please do a review/ article on the massive amount of red sea tank failures for the last five years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The g2s are not turning out risky

Blaxsun is a reliable source on the break disks imo I agree with his position. most of the collected breaks self sorted into mostly gen1s

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we reached the 3+ yr mark for G2's yet?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've emailed a link to the thread. Can't seen to get a direct email address just the one linked to my claim for a tank failing.
OK - so thats their policy - and likely they are not going to change their policy without more pressure. If I were you - and I had a friend who was an attorney, I would have someone write a formal legal letter to RedSea - Obviously - they read forums, they also read their Facebook group. I would suggest that you just do this privately through legal representation - if you think its worth it (ie.. free) - from prior experience - RedSea will not 'bend' - if they did they would have multiple people saying 'why didn't you do this for me'. (I don't know RedSea, you can post anything you want, however I think it's been shown over a couple years that posting on a forum has not been helpful). You could also speak with the management of R2R - since RedSea (I think) is a sponsor. @Daniel@R2R

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sidebar:

Bullet Proof "Glass"

Can be anything from Acrylic to Polycarbonate to Glass to Laminated Glass and all kinds of hybrids in between. There are numerous configurations that are designed to deal with numerous different threats, velocities, single or repetitive strikes, etc.

Anyway.

Brandon - the reality is that fish stores sell the brand and their biggest market is fish stores and service providers. The VASTY majority of fish store sales and service install sales are NOT (repeat that over and over) to the clientele that habitate reef forums or reefing social media. The bulk of fish store traffic is moms, dads and individuals who blindly trust the LFS as the experts and most don't look much further. While threads like this may be a thorn in the side of a company, they mean very little to their overall sales. Likewise, for the small percentage of the demographic that will pay attention here, there are as many shill social media talking heads that promote the brand for their own benefit.

So - I highly doubt RedSea is going to pay much attention. In that same fashion, you leading this charge puts more of a target on you than it does them. What are you going to do at some point when they deem your crusade has crossed the line from free speech to libel? I am not defending them but you appear to want to wrestle a bull as a matter of point and I am not sure that is the best idea.
This is exactly the point - I believe of the Vendor forum - whereby a user and a vendor work out their differences without outside interference (this is not about RedSea - it's a general comment). IMHO - RedSea will not pay attention - and To the poster I would not post their Emails on a public forum without their permission (not a lawyer, not sure if its an issue - just saying)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What a joke of a company. Good faith at 25% off retail, is laughable at best. Their email addresses the problems they had and their solution. I hope this is a warning for anybody that is looking to purchase a Red Sea tank. Red Sea is the new Deep Dimension.
Curious - what is the depreciation of an aquarium over 5.5 years. Let's pretend I took a used 5.5 year old xxx (not redsea) aquarium - and put it up for sale - My guess is I would get about that amount (or less). Im not defending RedSea - just saying - many say - tanks tend to fail at 10 years (Note I've never had one fail at 10 years) - but - it seems like 25 percent off retail (5 years ago those tanks cost a lot less) - and additionally - the usual seam leaks are in the front not the side - and its larger tanks.

It reminds me of the guy who had a I think 14 gallon tank - his wife moved it across the room to redecorate (it was not RedSea) - and some hours later it started leaking

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you - and I had a friend who was an attorney, I would have someone write a formal legal letter to RedSea -
There is no such thing in this context with a company this large. It sounds like a good idea, but really never is. You either sue them or don’t.

Any me mention of legal, especially a letter written in the tone of or from a lawyer will simply have your request routed to their council and pull a trigger of no return. They will no longer respond to you under any circumstances and will insist all further communications are made through your council and theirs. You never threaten a company larger than a mom and pop shop with legal, your bluff will be called every time and you will lose any chance you may have had at a resolution.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is no such thing in this context with a company this large. It sounds like a good idea, but really never is. You either sue them or don’t.

Any me mention of legal, especially a letter written in the tone of or from a lawyer will simply have your request routed to their council and pull a trigger of no return. They will no longer respond to you under any circumstances and will insist all further communications are made through your council and theirs. You never threaten a company larger than a mom and pop shop with legal, your bluff will be called every time and you will lose any chance you may have had at a resolution.
LOL so you think complaining on a thread like R2R - where the vast majority of people having Redsea tanks is going to help. iMHO - thats ridiculous - and yes - thats the way it should be - through their council and the complainant. Great - if the evidence - which many here seem to think Redsea is at fault (seems like people would have multiple examples to cite) shows RedSea is at fault. that would be in the complaint. In reality (my opinion) - There is no issue with RedSea tanks that has not been fixed. I still have a 725 in my living room. Am I somewhat nervous - yes. Worried, no. MOST - to the tune of 90 percent as far as I've heard here have no leaking problems. Assume at least some of those are the end-users fault - They will not win either way. I suggested if they had a friend - who could write a letter as a lawyer might make a difference. did not suggest a class action lawsuit?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggested if they had a friend - who could write a letter as a lawyer might make a difference. did not suggest a class action lawsuit?
Any time legal representation is shown, a company ceases communication with the customer and communication is only done through legal avenues. It’s to protect the company. I’ve personally had to handle this exact thing without the mention of a suit. Once the customer mentioned anything about getting representation or showed interest in taking things legal, we were directed by our lawyers to cease all communication and it be handled through the legal department from that point forward.

This also hurts the customer more than people think, as any disagreements or compensation previously talked about is now done exactly as defined by contractual obligations (warranty language).

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any time legal representation is shown, a company ceases communication with the customer and communication is only done through legal avenues. It’s to protect the company. I’ve personally had to handle this exact thing without the mention of a suit. Once the customer mentioned anything about getting representation or showed interest in taking things legal, we were directed by our lawyers to cease all communication and it be handled through the legal department from that point forward.

This also hurts the customer more than people think, as any disagreements or compensation previously talked about is now done exactly as defined by contractual obligations (warranty language).
OK - so thats why no one uses lawyers - I changed my mind

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - so thats why no one uses lawyers - I changed my mind
No one is saying don’t use a lawyer if you’re pursuing a settlement or judgement. It was suggested to use a lawyer and letterhead in order to get a more favorable response. The only response that is going to be given is that everything is now going to be dealing directly with the legal team. If going to court or through legal avenues is the goal, then sure, but if trying to get “more” from negotiations with the service team, this will end all of that talk.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL so you think complaining on a thread like R2R - where the vast majority of people having Redsea tanks is going to help.
That has absolutely nothing to do with my comment. FWIW, no I don't think these threads help. Maybe indirectly by forcing them to pay quiet attention and fix problems moving forward.

iMHO - thats ridiculous - and yes - thats the way it should be - through their council and the complainant.
You entirely missed the point. There is no in-between. Writing a "legal" letter as you advise triggers a guaranteed set of actions where they will immediately cease talking to YOU. The only path forward from there is between your council and theirs. Their council will make sport of wasting your time and money to the point of it not being worth you effort. So again, you never threaten legal action against a company who has deeper pockets than you, unless you are willing to lose big to prove a point.

Great - if the evidence - which many here seem to think Redsea is at fault (seems like people would have multiple examples to cite) shows RedSea is at fault. that would be in the complaint.
Again: Anybody can sue anybody for anything. The POINT was unless you are prepared to actually spend the time and money to do it, writing a threat letter will only lead to your bluff being called and remove ALL other remedies that would have otherwise been available.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one is saying don’t use a lawyer if you’re pursuing a settlement or judgement. It was suggested to use a lawyer and letterhead in order to get a more favorable response. The only response that is going to be given is that everything is now going to be dealing directly with the legal team. If going to court or through legal avenues is the goal, then sure, but if trying to get “more” from negotiations with the service team, this will end all of that talk.

I don't think most people realize how this works. They get upset and say "I should sue you" and the company says "wonderful, have your council call ours, they will know how, goodbye". And then your account is flagged as no-contact for litigation.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That has absolutely nothing to do with my comment. FWIW, no I don't think these threads help. Maybe indirectly by forcing them to pay quiet attention and fix problems moving forward.

You entirely missed the point. There is no in-between. Writing a "legal" letter as you advise triggers a guaranteed set of actions where they will immediately cease talking to YOU. The only path forward from there is between your council and theirs. Their council will make sport of wasting your time and money to the point of it not being worth you effort. So again, you never threaten legal action against a company who has deeper pockets than you, unless you are willing to lose big to prove a point.

Again: Anybody can sue anybody for anything. The POINT was unless you are prepared to actually spend the time and money to do it, writing a threat letter will only lead to your bluff being called and remove ALL other remedies that would have otherwise been available.
What does not writing a legal letter do? After - according to this poster - no other recourse - I mean you're acting like I'm saying to everyone with a broken tank sue, sue sue - and call a lawyer?

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does not writing a legal letter do? After - according to this poster - no other recourse - I mean you're acting like I'm saying to everyone with a broken tank sue, sue sue - and call a lawyer?
Not writing a letter can keep discourse going. You may shame them into giving you more compensation, you may threaten them with bad pr or by being a squeaky wheel, you may trigger some compassion somewhere with someone that has the ability to help. However, you won't threaten them. Lawyers talk to lawyers and they have lawyers. Some dude from customer service or their manager isn't going to handle discussions with your lawyer.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I am not acting like that.
If he truly has no other recourse the letter won’t hurt but it certainly won’t help. His only real option would be a lawsuit and I can’t fathom that going anywhere for any reasonable expenditure.

Even if he just had his lawyer try to strong arm a settlement it wouldn’t cover the legal fees for the contract and non disclosure.

Sadly, it’s is likely a lost cause.

Last edited:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record, I have been in my share of losing situations like this. It sucks but there is not much you can do but accept it.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've seen the totality of what red sea is willing to do

And it's not enough

And they've suppressed every form of communication about the issue on social media formats

How much less communication can they revert to, total silence is equal to trying to only give a small discount to someone while trying to upsell them into a new version tank at the customer's expense, with zero compensation for the ruined items from the seam breaks. Red sea is already at their worst

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great read dirty for the awful experience my wife just bought me an G2 1000xxl have not set up yet but boy oh boy I’m sure a bit weary now. Haven’t herd much about problems with the new G2 series.
Here’s a link to it buil thread ben on pause for past few months but will be back at it soon

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back