OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're rather DIY un-friendly, heck at times I'd say openly hostile towards some parts of the community. Don't dare post part SKU's on a medium that's vendor controlled or else.

They do fine and were only concerned with there forum. I honestly do not blame them as I was in there eyes tampering with there controller and it is stated on there forum that is not allowed.

It is up to them, there is no hard feelings on any of this. My builds first a foremost are for fun. I however can generate a few views on what I build and I am now more cautious on what I chose to post about. I only post around 5% of what I build in the aquarium industry. Most of what i post is for friends or personal sponsored builds. I however do make a few things for the bigger and even smaller brands in the industry. Most people do not know this but I manufacture products as well for the industry now so this is a whole new layer of things I have to deal with.

I work with some amazing controller company's now that help facilitate my builds including GHL, Vertex, Ekoral and almost everyone else at this point. These build will always be about fun first the minute that changes I am out.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of stuff are you manufacturing? Always admired your builds for taking things to extremes. It’s funny how often folks do these sorts of projects but don’t openly talk about it - for one reason, or another.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of stuff are you manufacturing? Always admired your builds for taking things to extremes. It’s funny how often folks do these sorts of projects but don’t openly talk about it - for one reason, or another.

Most custom work I am explicitly told not to post. It is actually quite common in what I do for the aquarium industry and for my main line of work.

I Manufacture a handfull of products now... I'll have to leave it at that :)

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune has become very touchy about the aesthetics of their products. I am sure some people like them, but I am not one of them.

M007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing stuff! Regarding GHL, I've been using their controllers and dosing pumps since V1, bullet proof. Takes some time to get accustomed to their way of thinking and lingo but definitely reliable equipment. Their only weakness seems to be the Mac interface. BTW, loved your 14' system, I think it's the centre one in your signature. I don't have many regrets in this obsession but not buying that piece of the ocean when you put it up for sale is one of them!

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most custom work I am explicitly told not to post. It is actually quite common in what I do for the aquarium industry and for my main line of work.

I Manufacture a handfull of products now... I'll have to leave it at that :)
Yeah yeah yeah, hot shot. ;);):)

Seriously though, admire your work and creativity. I have all of the technical and electronic skills to do this stuff, and I'm a hobbyist woodworker, but having creativity for design - that's something I have absolutely no control over. It's pathetic, really.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah yeah yeah, hot shot. ;);):)

Seriously though, admire your work and creativity. I have all of the technical and electronic skills to do this stuff, and I'm a hobbyist woodworker, but having creativity for design - that's something I have absolutely no control over. It's pathetic, really.

Well you have the hard part down.

Can I have the old plastic shell... lol. I'll screw it to the wall in a horribly obvious spot near the tank so it looks like I'm running one :)

HAHAH, I am actually going to gold leaf it soon... .. It is again a long story but someone has contacted me and wanted a gold apex ... I am not joking... :)

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright @Elder1945 a few more months have gone by, I know you're a busy dude but I'm still sitting here waiting like:
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Neptune pretty much put a kibosh on this project.

This is untrue, I had a few issues with Neptune for sure but this was more on the posting on there forum side.

@Terence was quite open with sharing sizing and spec's.

To be honest I lost interest in this project a while ago as I would rather spend the time on my other builds/projects on this forum. I do most of my projects for fun with little or no monetary goal (this might be odd for some) and when they lose there "fun" factor to me I move on..

This is not the first or the last project I have walked away from.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is untrue, I had a few issues with Neptune for sure but this was more on the posting on there forum side.

To be honest I lost interest in this project a while ago as I would rather spend the time on my other builds/projects on this forum. I do most of my projects for fun with little or no monetary goal (this might be odd for some) and when they lose there "fun" factor to me I move on..

I know that feeling/ thought process well. ;)

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

After what transpired on the other forum, I'd lose interest too.

Standing by for more cool stuff coming from your shop.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I understand, but it's a bit of a bummer. I follow some of your other projects and was looking forward to the final outcome of this one.

giphy.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%

Back