*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
For anyone else who's a dummy like me:

"To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange)."

(I didn't post #2.)
If it makes you feel any better, I went to respond to the message that I sent to Santa because I was convinced that I sent it - I never hit send initially ...

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I went to respond to the message that I sent to Santa because I was convinced that I sent it - I never hit send initially ...
Ok, now I can't figure out how to add a "nickname" on Elfster?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok, now I can't figure out how to add a "nickname" on Elfster?
I put it in quotes after my first name to be safe. I think somewhere else initially as well but it's been years and I couldn't find it again when I was verifying this year.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
click on your avatar ,then profile settings, then personal info , i think i finally changed mine today... :rolleyes:
I did, but the only thing I can do is add a "middle name" after my first name. There's no "nickname" spot, which is what the wording on Elfster implies.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Motivation/Time/Pods
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Play video games, spend time with my husband, decide which tanks needs attention that week, spend time working in my garden. (Strawberries are going into the ground soon)
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Art and crafting, reading, working in the garden and plants in general both outside and terrarium style.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I pick a game to play or curl up with a book, or go outside to putter around the garden, often with music.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Dunkaroos
  7. Do you collect anything? gemstones, interesting plants, and cute small plushies.
  8. What is your favorite color? Purple, with red black and silver coming in after
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Tshirt 2x, hoodie 3x, socks... uh. Medium?
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Dr Who
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, pop, country, symphonic
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? nope
  13. What's your favorite fish? Fresh: Bettas. Salt: mandarin dragonet
  14. Favorite coral? Acans!
  15. Favorite invert? harlequin serpent starfish
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread. I have a total of 6 tanks but we'll talk about the 3 salt. 15, 13.5 and 3 gallon - the 13.5 and 3 both have build threads. Mixed reefs in all, primarily softies and LPS with a few small steps into SPS. Not many fish.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'm hoping to win a pico reef light for the pico, otherwise I will eventually be upgrading its light to something with a better color range. Otherwise, slow acquisition of more corals and some macro algae.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clams and my anemone-hosting clowns.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love researching new things. New fish? Research it. New coral? look it up.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Artsy supplies, cute things (like these adorable plushy plecos and bettas I saw at Aquashella) - nothing that will just sit on a shelf though, I don't have a lot of space. Pods!
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes! I'm just starting with a few sticks of SPS - Jason fox fire starter branching montipora and some PC rainbow. I'd love a few more pieces of anything really - got some trimmings to get rid of? Also PODS, other reef safe softies, and macroalgaes! I only have red gracilaria hayi!
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) This was a pretty comprehensive list!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm really considering joining this year!
Will Ferrell Santa GIF by filmeditor
Since you posted then you gotta do it!
I did, but the only thing I can do is add a "middle name" after my first name. There's no "nickname" spot, which is what the wording on Elfster implies.
I just did (Reefing102) after my first name. According to Santa they may have removed the nickname feature

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I'm making my list and checking it twice for our first match! Some of you are just getting your Elfster invites, so I will wait and match everyone tomorrow afternoon. Trying to be sure no one gets left out.

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? red sea coral pro salt
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? work in my garden or shop for fish
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? resin dice making, pathfinder 2e, starfinder, MTG commander, 40k(tau), rc crawler and drift, cannabis growing/smoking/dabbing,
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? binge watch anime and shows while sitting for once
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? andes mints
  7. Do you collect anything? tabletop rpg dice and mtg commander cards
  8. What is your favorite color? grey
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? large/large/XL(13)
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The office
  11. What type of music do you listen to? all electronic genres
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? no
  13. What's your favorite fish? this is tough, i think a mandarin. designer clowns too!
  14. Favorite coral? not too well versed in coral. i like zoas cause there sooo many colors. frogspawn and torches are cool
  15. Favorite invert? anemone or clams. sexy shrimp are neat too
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Big project is my 60 gallon breeder peninsula with 40 breeder sump. Making the stand tomorrow but still need alot of equipment and rock for it.
    So i have two 15 nuvo fusions im starting now. got one cycling and the other im building a stand. In my QT i have the three fish for the first 15gallon. two clowns and a bi color blenny. other 15 gallon im hoping to house a small mandarin and small puffer until the 60g is ready. the 60g has a long list of fish i plan to add. I have a build thread for the first 15g and i will make one for the next as well very soon.

17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? The 60g will need a good powerhead, overflow(modular marine), return pump etc. i have never automated top off so im planning to do that with this 60gallon. im looking to get a skimmer for the 15g nuvo. maybe a better light then the amazon one too haha.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? the designer clown fish and aquascape
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? buying new fish and the fish in general.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) dry rock, marco mortar, pods, beginner corals, any thing a 60g peninusula may need all i have is tank and stand. solid coral dip
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes, basic corals zoas, frogspawn or torch. mandarin, leopard wrasse, longnose hawkfish, blue spotted puffer, small midas blenny, starry blenny.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) nope

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I'm making my list and checking it twice for our first match! Some of you are just getting your Elfster invites, so I will wait and match everyone tomorrow afternoon. Trying to be sure no one gets left out.
Oops! I just did #1!

Incontinence jokes will be met with extreme exasperation.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am so confused. I RSVPd on elfster wensday, went to check in and it acted like I never entered so had to again. Happen to anyone else?

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Patience
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? DIY Home Projects
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? DIY Home Projects
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Dinner on the couch with the wife watching some reality tv nonsense
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Nerds candy
  7. Do you collect anything? Unique/Odd “antique” (or not) Knick Knacks
  8. What is your favorite color? Black/Gray/any muted color
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? L
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Dexter and The Matrix
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Just about anything other than current country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Heck no
  13. What's your favorite fish? Triggers/Tamgs
  14. Favorite coral? GSP (because I can’t kill it - haha)
  15. Favorite invert? Anemone
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? 62G AIO What do you keep in them? Building it now Do you have a build thread? Yes, for my previous tank, but not this one yet
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Building now, so…
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Anemones/Clownfish
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? When there’s nothing tank wise urgently demanding my attention
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I’m more of a giver
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Yes If yes, what would you be interested in? Anything non aggressive *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna Alk Reagent for PPM meter
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?Weekend Travel, laying around doing nothing, or working on the tank.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Traveling and Cruising
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Working on this whole relaxing thing...
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Cherry Crumb Cake
  7. Do you collect anything? Art, Fish and Coral Stickers
  8. What is your favorite color? Forest Green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large Please
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Breaking Bad
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Michael Frani mostly, but a little of everything.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Celtics
  13. What's your favorite fish? Purple Tangs
  14. Favorite coral? Millipora
  15. Favorite invert? Halloween Hermit Crabs.
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? 120 gallon Sps, 20 gallon Macroalgae and monti . https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/robanister-120-gallon-sps-dominated-tank.1015560/
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Always. Apex in the next 5 years and get rid or Digital aquatics. Auto water change system in the next 5 years. Next year and auto top off water tower.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? St. Thomas Mushrooms, Good growth and coloration of Acropora.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Great growth and coloration. Things that make the hobby easier.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything fish related. I could wear it or use it.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*. To cold right now but I would accept acropora when the weather is better.
  22. How is your Holliday spirit this year? Awesome, Santa is going to bring me some awesome stuff.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
I am so confused. I RSVPd on elfster wensday, went to check in and it acted like I never entered so had to again. Happen to anyone else?
Be sre when you rsvp you also create an account with your name, including screen name, address, email etc. If you already have an account you can view your exchanges right when you log in.

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looking forward to doing this again this year!

2. What is one thing you always need more of? As of late seems to be reefmat rolls (500), small fish pellets for the auto feeder, play time with my 2yo son lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with family, tank maintenance, watch the Dolphins, watch F1, and random house projects.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Football, F1, my other pets (dog/tortoises), 3D printing, PS5 (cod), movies when i have time to watch.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Spend time with the family even if my toddler is going crazy lol or throw something on the smoker for the weekend.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Pretty much anything Puerto Rican lol. Even though we finally went back last year after years of not going. Can never get enough. Just no coconut though.
  7. Do you collect anything? No, not really.
  8. What is your favorite color? Red
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL shirt/12socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Harry Potter
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, salsa, merengue, hip hop, country, lofi, Acapella, a little bit of everything.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Miami Dolphins, Florida Gators, Mercedes F1
  13. What's your favorite fish? Hmm probably my clownfish
  14. Favorite coral? SPS
  15. Favorite invert? Carpet anemones
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 75g mixed reef but plan on doing sps dominant yes I have a build thread.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Just more coral, no fish/equipment that I can see that I'll need.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clownfish with my anemome
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? When there are shows close enough for me to go to.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Honestly I'm just grateful for anything and having the opportunity to participate again. my wife always says im hard to shop for because i always get what I want. If I had to be more specific I guess it would be "out of the box" items. Sorry, this is probably the hardest question for me to answer.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, sps is really what i would like to add more of.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

MugenReef95

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? GFO/CARBON
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?REEF TANK MAINTENANCE/CARS
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?MODIFIYING VEHICLES/GAMING
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?SIT BY THE TANK AND HAVE A COLD ONE
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? BISCOFF
  7. Do you collect anything? CORALS
  8. What is your favorite color? RED
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 6xl tall
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? SUPERNATURAL
  11. What type of music do you listen to? ROCK/Hip Hop
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? NO
  13. What's your favorite fish?TRIGGERS AND TANGS
  14. Favorite coral? EUPHILLYA
  15. Favorite invert? ASTREA SNAILS
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? No build thread but got a 100 gallon/80 gallon/ 40 breeder/ custom 35 gallon/ aio 15 gallon
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?maintain stability
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My triggers and tangs
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New equipment and rare specimens
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Gfo/carbon
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* coral
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)NO

Last edited:

Chriscorals

View Badges
Reaction score
I've done this every year and somehow forgot this year!! Isn't to late to get in?

Chriscorals

View Badges
Reaction score
• What country are you located in?
USA
• What is one thing you always need more of?
ICP test
• What do you like to do on the weekends?
Set up sessions for My Photography business
• What are your other hobbies/interests?
Photography-gardening/bonsai keeping
• How do you relax after a long day at work?
Enjoy some of nature's gift, watch a movie, or play some video games
• Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
Not that I can think of
• Do you collect anything?
Bonsai trees... or any other plant
• What is your favorite color?
Orange
• What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
Large
• What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Any of the home alone movies!
• What type of music do you listen to?
Nf, Dax, hopson, Oliver Anthony, 90s country
• Do you follow any sports teams?
Falls cowboys!!!
• What's your favorite fish?
Either my yellow tang or for a wild fish I really think those fish with "glowing eye" are pretty cool. I think they are a smaller sized fish and not commonly kept.
• Favorite coral?
Torches duh
• Favorite invert?
Tbh I love my snails... they do work.
• Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I have a waterbox 220.6 it's a mixed 50/50 reef
• Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?

• What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
Definitely the fish
• Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Getting new fish/coral
• What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)ICP test, gift card to Aldi (I make my own fish food and get it from there). Isol8MT

• Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Yes, anything as long as it's healthy and reef safe. If I could pick a blue throat trigger would be a dream come true
• Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back