*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
I think we may be getting close to the first draw too.
Great News Lol GIF by NBC
44 accepted invites on Elfster when I looked just now.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Anything
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank maintenance
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I enjoy my display tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? No
  7. Do you collect anything? No
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? None
  11. What type of music do you listen to? All kinds
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? Yellow Tang
  14. Favorite coral? Chalice
  15. Favorite invert? Emerald Crab
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 900L display tank, mixed reef, no
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Always!
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Everything!
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Water quality, flow, and light to grow larger and healthier corals
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.). I am happy with anything
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Where do you add your "Nickname" in Elfster to match your Reef2Reef user name, not that mine is difficult to match anyway.
They used to have a "Nickname" slot under profile (I'm pretty sure), but it got removed. I suggest just add it after your first name on your profile so it shows like a middle name. Maybe something like:

First Name: Kris "Santa Claus"
Last Name: Kringle

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Carbon, Red Sea 1200 Fleece, Red Sea Coral Pro Salt (but these items aren't much fun)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Umm, that's information is X rated.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Motorcycles, Paramotors
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I don't work lol
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Cadbury Cream Eggs
  7. Do you collect anything? Knives
  8. What is your favorite color? Orange
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Walking Dead
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Happy music, 20 year old pop
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Eagles, 76ers, Flyers, Carolina Hurricanes
  13. What's your favorite fish? Yellow Tail Wrasse
  14. Favorite coral? Anything SPS
  15. Favorite invert? Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 150g display of mostly SPS. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/woodys-4x3-150g-innovative-marine-build.1015819/
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Maybe a CO2 scrubber? Recirculating?
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I like to watch the tangs graze.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Chemistry
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything I'm not likely to buy for myself. Something silly, weird, etc.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, lifestock would be great.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nothing comes to mind.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? DI RESIN
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?BONFIRE
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? BONFIRE W PUPS...:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? SAME AS ABOVE
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
  7. Do you collect anything? WOOD...;)
  8. What is your favorite color? BLACK
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? MED
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? MARRIED W CHILDREN
  11. What type of music do you listen to? 60-70'S ROCK
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? CUBS
  13. What's your favorite fish? MINGI'S
  14. Favorite coral? ALL TYPES
  15. Favorite invert? SHRIMP
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? THE CAFE, THEY TOOK AWAY MY BUILD THREAD
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? UH HUH
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? FEEDING TIME
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? FRIENDS
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) M&M'S, SLIM JIMS, T SHIRT
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*NO
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? NOPE

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? DI RESIN
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?BONFIRE
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? BONFIRE W PUPS...:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? SAME AS ABOVE
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Dr Pepper (ok, maybe it's been minutes or hours)
  7. Do you collect anything? WOOD...;)
  8. What is your favorite color? BLACK
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? MED
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? MARRIED W CHILDREN
  11. What type of music do you listen to? 60-70'S ROCK
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? CUBS
  13. What's your favorite fish? MINGI'S
  14. Favorite coral? ALL TYPES
  15. Favorite invert? SHRIMP
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? THE CAFE, THEY TOOK AWAY MY BUILD THREAD
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? UH HUH
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? FEEDING TIME
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? FRIENDS
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) M&M'S, SLIM JIMS, T SHIRT
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*NO
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? NOPE
Fixed it? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: ;)

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Wool socks and reefmat 500 refills
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Ride my bike, hang with wife and first child (~6 mo)
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Bicycles, plants/gardening
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Meditate, cider, chill, puzzles (1,000 piece but nothing insane hard like all white or gradients, I prefer high quality pieces since the touch aspect is soothing), looking at the tank.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Maurice Lenell Pinwheel cookies
  7. Do you collect anything? I try not to
  8. What is your favorite color? Lavender
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Normal medium or a small if they run big
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Futurama
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Electronic / Indie / pop
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? F1 - mercedes
  13. What's your favorite fish? Borbonius Anthia
  14. Favorite coral? Torches
  15. Favorite invert? Halloween Hermit
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Moved up to a Red Sea peninsula 500 (110 gallon) from a 22 gallon nano. Just finished qt’ing my fish / had to run fallow this fall. It’s a mixed reef heavy LPS but want to give some sticks a try. The tank is in my office and I work at home so I’m trying to balance enjoying it with limiting hands on time. I do have a 6 month old so that limits my free time as well.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I’m toying with setting up an auto water change strategy. I thought I was going to modified moonshiners route. I also might do an ozone. I want to learn more about the BRS tanks that run in only for an hour or so at night. Also how can I lift up my reefmat so that I can use less roller media.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Hitchikers from my live rock and I like to just look and observe the tank.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Captive bred fish and aquacultured corals.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I’ve been thinking some reef art might be cool above the tank. Maybe jelly fish or shark or something. The metal art is cool too. Nothing crazy more so simple or clean looking. Not for myself but my kiddo, 9 month old fish related baby clothes or books. I also like dark thick stouts or higher alcohol ciders. I’m in Oregon so mainly access those breweries/cideries.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no, I don’t have quarantine space at the moment.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They used to have a "Nickname" slot under profile (I'm pretty sure), but it got removed. I suggest just add it after your first name on your profile so it shows like a middle name. Maybe something like:

First Name: Kris "Santa Claus"
Last Name: Kringle
I did, First Name (ESABOE)

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? sip bourbon watch tank
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Plant dad !
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Playing video games
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Peach rings !
  7. Do you collect anything? Crystals/plants
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue/grey
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Extra Large
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Supernatural
  11. What type of music do you listen to? All
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? The Giants !
  13. What's your favorite fish? Clown fish
  14. Favorite coral? Duncan
  15. Favorite invert? Crab
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 20 gallon AIO I keep 2 clowns 1 firefish goby tanks been up for almost 4 years and yes I do have a build thread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?I want a bigger tank haha
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The coral movement
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Coral growth !
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) creative things , homemade I enjoy good craftsmanship
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) not at the moment no

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'll do it this year!

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time or fish food... It's a tie
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Mostly beach. I do beach.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Breathing deeply and counting to 10; retired: golf, horseback riding, leisure travel, dancing--I'm amazing, climbing, hiking, life without kids stuff
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Wit and humor on a niche forum
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Swiss Cake Rolls
  7. Do you collect anything? Little bits of fabric from my clothes
  8. What is your favorite color? Green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Men's Med T, Lg hoodie, socks I'm a bit particular about.
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Firefly
  11. What type of music do you listen to? 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and a light dusting of the 2010s.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? My blue star leopard wrasse. Shhh! Don't you dare tell any of my others. She knows she's my favorite though.
  14. Favorite coral? Plates, especially heliofunghia which is my dream coral right now.
  15. Favorite invert? Clams
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? IM 40L AIO, everthing I can put in there, build thread in my name
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Just turned down a sweet deal on a 125g with 80g sump. Looks like I'm sticking with the 40 for a while.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Good question!
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Planning new builds or new fish. Currently getting a Cirrhilabrus rubeus and Cirrhilabrus brunneus into QT!
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Something simple for my wall above the tank, funny science/reefing Ts, fish food
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, since I will be out of town most of the holidays.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
  23. Hey Jojo, what's your sign? Oh, Sagittarius! Hmm, makes sense.
  24. Hey Jojo, do you like long walks on the beach? See question #3.
  25. Hey Jojo, which common hobby fish would you like to miniaturize so that it fits into any tank? Hmm, probably an Achilles tang, but would accept a foxface or aiptasia eating butterfly.
  26. Hey Jojo, is Yellow Coris Wrasse a Coris wrasse or not? This will only be settled by @Slocke and @tbrown ... In the Thunderdome!

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
1- What country are you located in?
I am located in the United States
2-What is one thing you always need more of?
I always need more coffee and Hanna nitrate HR reagent
3-What do you like to do on the weekends?
On my weekends I like to work my side job at my local coral farm. I also like to spend time with my wife and our cats
4-What are your other hobbies/interests?
I love to cook, I enjoy hiking running and biking,
5-How do you relax after a long day at work?
I relax with a nice stout beer and hang out with my wife
6-Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
When I was a kid I always used to get chocolate oranges from Santa
7-Do you collect anything?
I collect blown glass fish sculptures, nutcrackers, zoanthids
8-What is your favorite color?
My favorite colors are orange or purple
9-What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
I wear size medium tops and I'm a size 10 shoe so whatever that means for socks lol
10-What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
I have never been a big TV or movie watcher.
11-What type of music do you listen to?
I primarily listen to various types of electronic music
12-Do you follow any sports teams?
Nope
13-What's your favorite fish?
powder blue tang
14-Favorite coral?
a tie between euphyllia and zoanthids
15- Favorite invert?
harlequin shrimp
16-Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I have a 45 gallon. Two 20 gallons and a 40 breeder. I don't have a build thread or showcase yet. I really need to post those haha.
17-Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
I have a 120 gallon aquarium that is almost ready for water. And I just received a 115 gallon frag tank from a friend that is moving. I can't wait to get it set up.
18-What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My hammer and torch garden in the flow. I also like watching the fish hunt for food
19-Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
I get really excited about traveling to various frag swaps and coral conventions all over the country. I love meeting people in the hobby
20-What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
I like graphic reef tshirts, beer and coffee,
21-Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
I would not be interested in livestock at this time

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 44.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 65 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 13.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back