Not open for further replies.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa.jpg
We've been teasing this for a few weeks and it is my pleasure to announce this is happening!

Registration for this year's is closed!

Please post pics of your gifts in this thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-secret-santa-2016-gift-exchange-pics.273217/

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-secret-santa-reveal.278140/

Why are we doing this? I thought it would be a neat idea for us 2 have some fun with others we communicate with on a regular basis.

Why should I participate? Because it's going to be a lot of fun. Have something over growing or needs a trimming, a great way to make someone's day. The only money crossing hands is what you spend and for shipping which is your choice.

This is open to anyone and all, from beginners to our Mod team, Reef Squad, to Rev himself. Just have 2 meet criteria set below in order to join the fun.

Its all about having fun with others with a common interest.

Below you will see the criteria needed to be able to participate and other information needed.

After filling out the questionaire below Please pm me your Name and Email Address so that we may send you the link needed.

Couples who share 1 screen name (there are some) we will allow both to participate. Make sure you pm though, as well as fill out the questionaire twice.

1. Must be a member for 30 days with 25 post minium.

2. Total value of gift/gifts must be at least $20.00. If you really want to spend/give more that is fine but understand that you may not get the same in return.

3. Must enter by Tuesday November 8th. We will close entering around noon that day.

4. Delivery confirmation is mandatory!!! When you ship, you must email us the information as to your shipping delivery method of choice.

5. Packages MUST be mailed no later than December 17th.

6. Post pictures of your package when it arrives (will be a dedicated thread).

Questionaire:
1. What is your shirt size?

2. What are your favorite candy/snacks? If you have allergies please list: ie peanuts, gluten free, etc.

3. If someone were to send coral are you okay with that? If yes please list types you are into: ie sps, lps, etc.

4. Are you over 21?

5. What are your other interest and hobbies?

6. Gender?

If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipent and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (I don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Registration will begin on October 15, 2016, with a link edited to the end of this post once active. You may post in this thread and answer the questionaire here but you will still need to register once it's active on the other site we're using. This other site will also be the only 1 you enter your address on and it will also generate who gets who.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by pm.

HO! HO! HO! Let the fun begin :)

"While we at R2R love this idea and the enthusiasm that our community has had for it, we just wanted to clarify that this is not an official Reef2Reef event and that its is not being run, sponsored or endorsed by Reef2Reef in any capacity and is not responsible for the outcome of it. Whenever members are participating in online transactions, we like to remind them to exercise good judgment and to thoroughly understand what they are getting involved with and any associated risks. Please feel free to contact a member of the moderator team if you have ever have any questions, thank you."

Last edited:

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yea I am game for this.
Questionnaire:
1. What is your shirt size? Medium

2. What are your favorite candy/snacks? If you have allergies please list: ie peanuts, gluten free, etc.: Butterfinger is definitely my favorite

3. If someone were to send coral are you okay with that? If yes please list types you are into: ie sps, lps, etc. SPS

4. Are you over 21? Yes, 33 on oct.11th

5. What are your other interest and hobbies? Surfing, Florida Gator football, fishing, boating, golf, spending time with my fiancée/kids, and kite surfing

6. Gender? Male

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in!

Shirt size: medium

Snacks: anything chocolate, no allergies

Coral: yes, LPS, zoas, shrooms, montis.

Other hobbies: between work, parenting, tanks, other pets, and house work I have no time for anything else lol.

Thank you for putting this together, this is so exciting!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xxl ( ie: fat)

2. What are your favorite candy/snacks? If you have allergies please list: ie peanuts, gluten free, etc.
Anything plant based. no allergies.

3. If someone were to send coral are you okay with that? If yes please list types you are into: ie sps, lps, etc.
Euphyllia, bubble tip anemones, btas, bulb tip anemones (OK those are inverts and not coral, but I love them!)

4. Are you over 21?
Yes.

Cigars, Arizona coyotes!

6. Gender?
Male (most of the time).

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea!

Large

Beef jerky, dark chocolate, beer pretzels.

Yes I'm good! SPS

4. Are you over 21?

Yes

Scuba diving, travel, fine dining.

6. Gender?

Male

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome idea.
I'm in.

LG.

2. What are your favorite candy/snacks?
Any Gummie: Worms, Bears, Sour etc..

Yes. LPS / SPS

4. Are you over 21?
Yes

Diving, FOOD, golf

6. Gender?
Male

Last edited:

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questionaire:
Large

York Peppermint Pattie or Candied Pecans (no known allergies)

Yes, basically anything... but maybe a cool starter SPS (I like all kinds of moti's but I only have a red cap at the moment)

4. Are you over 21?
Yep, just hit the big 4.0.

There's other hobbies?!?
Playing acoustic guitar...Crossfit...Pizza and beer!

6. Gender?
Male

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see the rule about brand new items....I have a lot of used but very good condition stuff....Is that OK?
I will allow, just don't send "Junk" is all that I ask. I feel used equipment in this hobby is like that in others, if properly taken care of it may be of use 2 someone else.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tracking number is not good enough? I mean even first class USPS has provides tracking number now.
btw, can we do delivery confirmation when using paypal to generate shipping label?

4. Delivery confirmation is mandatory!!! When you ship, you must email us the information as to your shipping delivery method of choice.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tracking number is not good enough? I mean even first class USPS has provides tracking number now.
btw, can we do delivery confirmation when using paypal to generate shipping label?

Totally acceptable by providing a tracking number. That's all that I care about just in case there's a mishap in shipping and we're not looking at someone like o_O "Did you really"?
Some type of proof is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back