Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg-

Well its been FOREVER and I have slacked on updates-Man life threw a crazy month at me in 3 weeks it was;

an attempted homicide to my wife that turned into a suicide in my garage (sis in laws unstable, now dead, boyfirend) :squigglemouth:

Thats a long story but I got my family out of the house while "crazy train" offed himself in my garage-it was a 6 hour stand off with the swat team etc and I kept saying if you are goint to shoot tear gas into thge garage PLEASE dont shoot my tank I have been working on for months-I reminded them of that at least 5x when drawing out diagrams of my garage- "this area here "X" has a 400 gallon tank-shoot the canisters in this direction"

Father in law has massive stroke-doing better now

Wife has triple disc fushion in her lower back-doing GREAT mpw

Brother in law passes-very sad but it was something that was not unexpected-still terrible tho

I'm looking forward to the "new year", I just hope the Myan;s are wrong so I can enjoy my tank

blah blah blah

Well while I stayed home with the wife while she recovered from surgery it gave me 2 1/2 solid weeks to work on the tank.

I'll skip all the little updates and try to jump close to where I am now-the tank is "done" but there is a mountain of "fine tuning" that needs to be done.

Here a few pics;

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

I will try and post more later, I am working on getting the frag tank up and going as well as organizing "the mess"

Last edited:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's some real craziness. I hope things settle down for you and your family now. Maybe a little quiet working on the tank is exactly what you need.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy smokes, what a crazy and terrible 3 weeks, I don't wish that on anyone. Glad to hear things are getting better now.

The tank is looking great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang man sorry for everything you have had to go through wow!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words-Its been much harder on the rest of the family but time heals all and it has been a month and every day is better but yea WOW-

So I just got back from HD with "supplies"-:bigsmile:

I meant to post this pic up earlier which is a front shot

IMG_3164.jpg

and also here is a pic of what I call the organized mess

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

The problem was most of the important equipment (APEX, LEDs etc) were being used on the 150 gallon transistion, so I did not have the luxery to slowly and neatly wire things. The only part I could take my time with was the plumbing.

Back to work!

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the 5 power pack looking things mounted on the plywood?

Also is that a gas can back there?

I had the same questions

Last year I had the same thing happen in my family. My brother in law tried to kill my sister in law and then after a swat stand off, he killed himself in my brothers garage. Got in my brothers custom 65 fast back and used my brothers prized 1911 45 to finish the job. Now things are actually better and the drama is gone. Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the 5 power pack looking things mounted on the plywood?

Also is that a gas can back there?

Those are for one of 3 LED fixtures I got running-2 fixtures are 24" 60-3 watt crees DIY from Reefledlights, each driver is running 12 LEDs, I did not go the route of 1 driver running 24-

Of course its a gas can, you never know when you need to kick start some growth-Some dose Vodka, I dose high octane!!!

J/K it was what I used as a res for an old top off container, now I a using it as a res for the skimmer
I had the same questions

Last year I had the same thing happen in my family. My brother in law tried to kill my sister in law and then after a swat stand off, he killed himself in my brothers garage. Got in my brothers custom 65 fast back and used my brothers prized 1911 45 to finish the job. Now things are actually better and the drama is gone. Hope it works out for you.

Well after he and I had a stand off in the garage where I tried to talk him out of it since he was not getting in the house to get my wife-he pointed it at my head and said "well it looks like its gonna be you" thats when I decided to retreat into the house and grab my Sig 220-(I have almost as many guns as corals) where I sat and waited to see if he wanted to follow-he did not, I evacuted the family and he off'd himself-best outcome there could have been-I would not have liked looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

I guess I am addicted to this hobby-He shot 2 rounds through my garage door and I heard the pellets spray in my family room-I ran into the kitchen with my 220 leading the way to see if he shot out my tank-pretty crazy, but thats all I thought about was "he shot my tank" but he did not- I've been shooting for decades and I prefer a .45 over a shotgun any day, as long as I can be 20 yards away-LOL

Anyway he's gone and the tank is looking awesome!!!

WOO HOO

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a little help

So its been forever and I dont remember exactely how but I want to link my build in my sig and know it has something to do with the HTML but I dont see how to get there from my profile.

Does anyone seeing this have an idea of what I need to do

I just want it to say "my 400 gallon inwall" instead of what it says now-

TIA

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha I am a scattergun type.

I am asking Rev about the signature thing, I have had the same question come up a few times recently.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha I am a scattergun type.

I am asking Rev about the signature thing, I have had the same question come up a few times recently.

Cool,if you find anything out on how to do it please LMK-

I got a few scatter guns myself but the one by my bedd for Home D has 0000 buckshot-this noob had trap loads- BAHAAAAAA

Looking good man... I see my light back in action what happened with that fiasco??? Was it a power supply like we talked???

Well it turned out being a fried driver and Bill hooked me up-Thanks for all the trouble shooting help!!!
I was gonna text ya, I suppose replacing the VHOs are inorder?????

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be able to post links in your sig you need to be a site supporter. It is one of the perks.

I'll be doing that in the near future-Thanks for looking into it!

So I realize I never posted my equipment-Actually I never posted much about the rock, sand etc...-:nerd:

Its pretty simple-IMO

Return;
The tank has a single Reeflo pump that has a 2nd impeller so I can run it at 2400GPH (which is what I am using now) or I can switch it to a 4000GPH
The return was going to be 2-1" sea swirls but changed that at the last moment so instead its just 2 single returns that are ran with PVC and return in the front corners.

Flow;
Inside the tank I have 2 Tunze 6200 (5800 gph) hidden in the turbelle deco rocks
also 1 6100 and another 6105 which are around 3200 gph each
2 MP40's and a MP20 (soon to be 4 MP40's and pulling the 6100, the 6105 and the 20 will be upgraded along with 1 more 20 I have)

The Tunzes are ran of the tunze 7095 controller and the Vortechs will be 1 master and 3 slaves ran in the ecosmart nutrient export mode

Rock is a mix from all over roughly 600lbs and 320 lbs of Carab Seas Seaflor Special

Intially I was going with a single sump but later figured what I had may not be large enough in the event of a power failure plus I toyed with the idea of a refugium so I built another one, The second one is basiclly a big filter sock and skimmer holder-to the tune of roughly 120 gallons, addthat to the 80 gallon intial sump for a total working water volume around 500 taking into consideration water displacement from sand rocks etc.

Well there is a start, more to follow-:tire:

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return which feeds the manifold that inturn feeds 2 returns a section that has 3 JGuess valves
1 valve feeds the Phosban reactor
1 used to feed a crabon reactor but I pulled that off line, now I use it to drip acclimate
1 feeds my Ca Rx

I left room to add on a algae scrubber which I have thought about doing

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

SWC 250 1A Xtreme Cone Skimmer-rated 450 heavy bioload to 700 light

IMG_3234.jpg

The canister holder in the front left holds some media from the filter guys that is used to boost PH-it draws air in through the media that is the airline that feeds the pump in the skimmer-PH runs around 8.2 during the day and 8.0 at night versus the 7.95 day and 7.65 night that it used to before adding it
Skimmer Media

Rear external overflow-allmost coast to coast, its 4 feet wide
IMG_3233.jpg

both sumps
1-120 gallon
1-85 gallon
IMG_3232.jpg

Rear shot
IMG_3236.jpg

Everything is still in "disarray" but its getting there

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been FOREVER and I have slacked on updates-Man life threw a crazy month at me in 3 weeks it was;

an attempted homicide to my wife that turned into a suicide in my garage (sis in laws unstable, now dead, boyfirend) :squigglemouth:

Thats a long story but I got my family out of the house while "crazy train" offed himself in my garage-it was a 6 hour stand off with the swat team etc and I kept saying if you are goint to shoot tear gas into thge garage PLEASE dont shoot my tank I have been working on for months-I reminded them of that at least 5x when drawing out diagrams of my garage- "this area here "X" has a 400 gallon tank-shoot the canisters in this direction"

Father in law has massive stroke-doing better now

Wife has triple disc fushion in her lower back-doing GREAT mpw

Brother in law passes-very sad but it was something that was not unexpected-still terrible tho

I'm looking forward to the "new year", I just hope the Myan;s are wrong so I can enjoy my tank

blah blah blah...
"

Wow! Couldn't imagine having to go through the "crazy train" SWAT team ordeal, let alone everything else virtually at the same time. Glad to hear that your wife is doing well and that things have normalized.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Couldn't imagine having to go through the "crazy train" SWAT team ordeal, let alone everything else virtually at the same time. Glad to hear that your wife is doing well and that things have normalized.

I hear ya, and thanks-

BTW, your tank is freakin SAWEET lookin-I glanced your thread last night for a few pages, I'll check it out later-I wish I had a lens that would capture good FTS-
Wow you got some saweet fish for sure too!!!

So moving things in and around is a treat-
IMG_3175.jpg

I did get the frag tank plumbed in too-time to get all the frags in there and off the sand bed-and this is not all of them either-:xd:

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day by day getting things in place-this are before my most recent-rescaping, and re-arranging
IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

I need to take some current shots

here is a recent side shot
tierra1.jpg

another new acro in the center-I was told its a Robusto but others have said its a abroi....????
newacro2.jpg

newacro3.jpg

newacro1.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back