Reefnjunkies 400 gallon inwall

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personally seen this setup. It is amazing and it is so quiet in the main room. There were a lot of long hard hours that went into this build. Glad to see it finally up and running. Nice job Brad. You should be proud!1smile1

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, it's amazing how a 75 gallon tank can give a 150 a high stock, it must have been PACKED!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personally seen this setup. It is amazing and it is so quiet in the main room. There were a lot of long hard hours that went into this build. Glad to see it finally up and running. Nice job Brad. You should be proud!1smile1

Thanks for the love-Still LOTS to do but its getting there-I should have bought the tubes of epoxy by the case for as much as I keep moving corals-

Nice tank, it's amazing how a 75 gallon tank can give a 150 a high stock, it must have been PACKED!

The 150 was pretty full, There is still quite a bit of room between corals, but its not long before the crowding takes over-I want to give some space this time around for growth.

Well here are a few pics- (sorry for so many)
Its starting to take a little shape-

First I got to post my newest fish-I actually grabbed about 13 but this was a fave
newfish1.jpg

newfish2.jpg

newfish.jpg

tank9.jpg

Tank7.jpg

Tank6.jpg

Tank5.jpg

tank4.jpg

Tank3.jpg

Tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Scoly-2.jpg

Corals1.jpg

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job so far man! This tank is looking great!!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's looking packed haha... Love the trigger to man they have great personalities I miss mine from the big tank... Such a cool fish to watch and enjoy..

Funny thing there are quite a bit you dont/cant see-Ya that trigger is by far the coolest-its been 2 days and is almost eating from my hand

Wow, that tank is huge. Id love to see some frag tank shots.
Below are the frag tank shots-its still in its "rough" state, I want to do LEDs with it also but found a great deal on the 8 bulb TEK fixture so I'm running that for know

Great job so far man! This tank is looking great!!
Its getting better and better-I just keep moving things around and its starting to shape

looking great!
Thanks!

Amazing Tank! Great build. I really like this thread. Congrats mate...
Doing acrylic was a tough choice0that 300DD by marineland is sweet but when a friend offers to build a 400 for frags and cost only for materials how do I say no.
Plus the left over acrylic gave me one of my sumps and the frag tank-both 3/4"-:wink:

I still have lots of "housekeeping" to do. I hope to get everything mounted to the wall in the upcoming weeks so the floor is clean and the wiring is clean looking but here are a some pics of the frag tank-its plumbed into the main tank is 48x24x15

Fragtank.jpg

Fragtank2.jpg

Fragtank1.jpg

Fragtank5.jpg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Gold Rim Tang has gone onto the great ocean in the sky-that fish had a serious poor disposition-I added a Swallowtail and it was so MEAN to the angel it was sad-

The Tang always worked itself up so badly each time I added a new fish it would cause itself to have an ich outbreak . I have been told that tangs carry ich or that it lays dormant within itself and will breakout during episodes of stress, not sure if thats true or decribed correctly but I know I had a purple tang that developed ich from the trip home from the LFS and 2 days later it was gone.

JST.jpg

Here is a more recent FTS (granted the GRT died this morning)-I still have had a few changes take place since that last pic and the corals are all starting to settle in and are looking healthy
FYS1-27-12.jpg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is the tank? And what lights do you use?

The tank is 48"deep, 72x48x27 and is DIY LED 2-24" 60 bulb 3 watt crees and 2-30" 72 bulb 3w watt crees with 2 5 foot actinics
So 264 3 watters and the actinics

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! So sorry to read about the loss of your Gold Rim Tang

It is sad but it was not a very friendly gal, every new fish it stressed itself out by being so aggresive-I sure miss the look of the fish but not the anxiety it casued.
It is not like there is lack of "space" or so I thought

Extremely beautiful tank! Great looking corals. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

I really need to get some close ups of the corals, you just cant see how beautiful some of them are. It may be time to whip out the macro lens:wink:

Last edited:

Sr5_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great! Crazy story to go along with your tank build and what happened in your "fish room" area... CRAZZZZAAAYYY

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back