OP
Gaines69

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get more water, my friend.

For live feeders, go with ghost shrimp or guppies. Avoid the rosie reds and the goldfish. You're not going to be able to feed him enough to make up for what he's been lacking. Don't worry about training him to frozen right now. If you see Brightwell Aquatics Vitamarin-C at Petco, pick some up and start dosing his tank. They can't get calories and what not from the water, but they can take in vitamins and minerals from drinking the surrounding water and through absorption through the gills directly into the bloodstream.
I was unable to find Brightwell Aquatics Vitamarin-C . I did however find ghost shrimp and Scar enthusiastically ate three. I have 5 more but didn't want to overdo it. Is there another brand ( most lps here carry the Kent brand) ? Had the water tested at three different places after I tested it. They all showed trace amounts of ammonia so I am going to do a water change here in a few and I'll add more Prime. Thanks again Lionfish Lair, and everyone else, for all of your help. I would have been lost if not for R2R..

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gaines69

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will hunt down the vitamin c and run and pick it up. Should I feed Scar the other 5 ghost shrimp or wait a couple of days?

OP
OP
Gaines69

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have one of these on a piece of my live rock. Since I have a FOWLR tank should I get rid of it. And if so how????
Aiptasia

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a coffee mug of tank water and microwave to a boil. Using a turkey baster, give the aiptasia a nice bath in scalding water. Repeat as necessary.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't messed with the aiptasia yet, may I suggest you not do so for a bit? He's hungry, for one, and that will make him more excitable. He's in a small tank. He's new and doesn't know you and you don't know him.... all things which can lead to an accidental sting.

You've been great getting the things for him that we are suggesting.

OP
OP
Gaines69

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't messed with the aiptasia yet, may I suggest you not do so for a bit? He's hungry, for one, and that will make him more excitable. He's in a small tank. He's new and doesn't know you and you don't know him.... all things which can lead to an accidental sting.

You've been great getting the things for him that we are suggesting.
I haven't done anything to the aipasia yet. I just noticed it late last night and thought it was a good thing. lol Then I read your Hitchhitchers guide and I figured out what it was. I am super careful because I don't want him to sting me. I have my eyes on him at all times when taking water samples. I haven't been this excited about something eating since my kids were babies. lol

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to fully agree....two thumbs up to @Gaines69 .

All too frequently people ask for advice and then totally disregard that expert advice, typically resulting in their situation going South. However, you took this advice and I feel went above and beyond, very quickly, picking up the supplies to save this fish. Great job @Gaines69 .........and you too @Lionfish Lair and @melypr1985. :D

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted a lionfish but when my 1stuff son was 18 months old he got bit by my triggerfish so I'm waiting for my youngest to get older before I set up another predator tank as I can't keep some of my youngsters out of my current tank. my trigger played with toys and would swim through hoops for food

OP
OP
Gaines69

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4177.JPG IMG_4176.JPG IMG_4174.JPG Found these in my tank. What should I do about them. <y tank is a FOWLR. Will these guys bother Scar or a cleaner crew when I get them?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back