1   0   0
LOL! That was good!!

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI Rev this is ME Oceana=ellitreefs. hit me up if you need any help. i do not sell or use elitereefs name on that forum since it is a retail site.

You can copy that thread here if you want so you dont have to have a link to another forum. I have added alot to it but that nailed thread does not have the updates. i still have the orginial charlie and his mate you read about in that thread

Sweet I didnt know that was you!

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet I didnt know that was you!

yup thats me. i keep that quite becasue once i went retail people kept posting over there to ask question about stock. well since that is a retail site the dont like that very much.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup thats me. i keep that quite becasue once i went retail people kept posting over there to ask question about stock. well since that is a retail site the dont like that very much.

Yea they are strict about that there and I understand why. Im still needing some of those Posideion zoas?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update I just found another pair of picassos so I will have a pair for sale more than likely soon.

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, it would help if you gave us info on what type of clowns and/or cardinals your interested in breeding. For myself, I'm going with a pair of clownfish (either leuks, latz or maybe snowflakes) and a pair of banggai cardinals. I'll be more than happy to share some info of my clown breeding system. BTW clowns aren't really that hard to feed, the babies I raised readily ate mysis and other frozen foods within a week, it's just a matter of getting them started early.

Rev pm some pics and a price, I might be interested in a month if your gonna have them that long.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well honestly at this point I was just looking for any type of proven pair of clowns to get started. I am hoping that i can get one of my picasso pairs to hook it up! :)

I think I am going to try some cards to since they are so cute as babies. :)

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well honestly at this point I was just looking for any type of proven pair of clowns to get started. I am hoping that i can get one of my picasso pairs to hook it up! :)

I think I am going to try some cards to since they are so cute as babies. :)

Okie dokie, well a true mated pair you most likely won't find in stores, I know one store that sells true mated pairs and will have pics of the eggs produced if asked for. If you want more info feel free to pm me.

I can't wait for my tank to get cycled, after a trip to the fish store today and saw about 3 nice small pairs of maroons and 5 or 6 pairs of ocellaris, I'm ready for it to be cycled.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the babies I raised readily ate mysis and other frozen foods within a week, it's just a matter of getting them started early.

if you mean a week after hatch i would love to see that. what sort of success rate do you have? a week after hatch they would be no where even close to big enough for anything other then MAYBE cylopeez.

Last edited:

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what i was thinking but i didnt want to say it LOL, like i said, the hardest part of raising clowns is getting them to eat for the first week they need s train i believe

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used rotifers and live baby brine for the first 4 days, starting day 5 extremely small pieces of frozen brine and mysis were mixed in. As of day 7 they were eating frozen brine and mysis in very small pieces. I raised about 200 maroons to selling stage, and lost 25 or so.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright if you thinned them down to fine bits mixed in I would say that may work. A bit early and but it could work with hardier species
Especially since they were maroons.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back