OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anybody watch the video? If anybody did what did u think of the fast forward section at the end?

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day Five: still not much happening. They're in a routine now as am I. Early this morning I did witness the female getting a bit close to the Haddoni for my comfort. Because of her reckless handler hand feeding her, she rises to the surface when hungry. This brings her close to the carpet. I disciplined her and praised her in a firm sarcastic tone... perhaps a warning sign... or one of those electric dog collars?

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u4yzape6.jpg
2a7atu2y.jpg
dydyva4e.jpg
rereva7a.jpg
u4yse3ez.jpg

I've noticed that they spend much more together in the reef they did in their old tank... more romantic maybe?

Last edited:

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would move the gorgs away from that carpet, that way the ponies will follow and won't be so close to that carpet. Your ponies are very pretty, I wish them well in your experiment!!

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today photo...
BAD CLARICE!! Here she is caught in the act of stealing mysis from the scoly! She was told a scoly isn't her personal feeding trough!! She seemed somewhat ashamed but I'm not so sure. Seahorses are such liars!
uhu4yred.jpg

Last edited:

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today photo...
BAD CLARICE!! Here she is caught in the act of stealing mysis from the scoly! She was told a scoly isn't her personal feeding trough!! She seemed somewhat ashamed but I'm not so sure. Seahorses are such liars!
uhu4yred.jpg

This picture is great!! love this thread!!

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only option was to relocate the carpet. While removing the Haddoni from the glass was difficult it was made much more so when Clarice swam right into it believing it was time to eat. I had to separate the seahorse from the carpet and carpet from my hands and glass. My first nightmare! Clarice seems shaken but not stirred. There are no visible signs of trauma or burns. Carpet seems okay as well. catastrophe averted it seems. I myself thought I was gonna have a stroke or coronary. Panic mode takes it outta ya! Heavy sigh.

Honestly, I would move the gorgs away from that carpet, that way the ponies will follow and won't be so close to that carpet. Your ponies are very pretty, I wish them well in your experiment!!

rhwimmers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined this forum just to follow this thread! I am going to follow in your foot steps in my new 240 - I AM going to set a partition of eggcrate to keep them in a corner next to my overflow. Will post here once things are up and running, might be a month or so as my 240 is still brand new.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I'm honored!! Wasn't sure if others were really reading along so thanks!! As I said previously it has added an entirely new dimension to the tank that's a bit hard to put into words... last nights drama really shook me to the core. Hopefully ill work through the problems and maybe others will be able to learn from my inevitable mistakes. Thanks again!

Joined this forum just to follow this thread! I am going to follow in your foot steps in my new 240 - I AM going to set a partition of eggcrate to keep them in a corner next to my overflow. Will post here once things are up and running, might be a month or so as my 240 is still brand new.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the new arrangement. If you've never handled a Haddoni before they are the stickiest creature I've ever encountered. Trying to remove one from the glass while simultaneously trying to peel a very fragile seahorse off.... the seahorse and I both are at risk of PTSD. Anyways you'll see the little carpet on the sandy bottom to the right. I placed him in a spot where he'll have light but in a spot not to easily accessible to the seahorse... I hope. You can see Clarice cowering in fear on the main support for the hovering frag rack.
tuhyzune.jpg

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checking in. All things still good. Moving the carpet shook things up with the clowns. Seahorses seem indifferent and if I might say so also ungrateful. I do what i can to make them happy and I never really expected anything in return but a thanks every now and again would be nice

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to stop updating this thread. Thanks to those who followed!!

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
? Why stop updating?

I have 2 pairs of erect us in my 60 cube reef.

This thread is a good way to document the horses in a tank that most say is taboo.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm somewhat self conscious when it comes to writing. I hate boring. At this point sharing on a daily basis "nothing much happening" can't possibly be interesting to anyone.

Smnparish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read the whole thread, you kept my interest the whole time haha

I honestly couldn't live with the stress of having the hadoni in the same tank at all...every time i've taken a risk in terms of live stock with my reef tank, it eventually has never ended well

ialtalal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about doing the same with my tank and I have been fallowing your thread closely as well. I think you r doing an awesome job

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back