Seahorses In Reef

Shadow1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has us wanting to make the same attempt and put some in a 300 SPS dominate reef, if you don't want to post every day I would understand but would really like to get weekly, biweekly updates. I have been watching for ideas on scape and giving areas of lower flow.
If you do quit posting my thanks for the ideas.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. I'll update weekly or biweekly at the very least. Just didn't wanna post if nobody's watchin'.

LisaD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh we're watching friend! I'm just hoping it continues to go well. I'm too afraid to so it so I'm gonna stick to my plan for my 46 pony/Zoa garden and a separate 125 reef. But I am enjoying the thread ;)

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post some pics and add to the conversation when I can. If that helps.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is well in the seahorse reef... Female has really really fine tuned her color matching abilities!!!!
ugu7aqyj.jpg
a6y7ygyq.jpg

You almost can't see her when she's in the gorgonians. The male color remains constant. I've never heard of any such differences between male/female so I can only conclude he's made a choice. Black is slimming so perhaps he's worried that his pouch makes him look fat.

Last edited:

kes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's possible, but depends heavily on what type of species of corals and fish you plan to keep. low flow, quiet surroundings might work

mcrbar910

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is well in the seahorse reef... Female has really really fine tuned her color matching abilities!!!!
ugu7aqyj.jpg
a6y7ygyq.jpg

You almost can't see her when she's in the gorgonians. The male color remains constant. I've never heard of any such differences between male/female so I can only conclude he's made a choice. Black is slimming so perhaps he's worried that his pouch makes him look fat.

They are beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please address any comments or concerns to:
The Scoly Gardens
ATTN: Hannibal & Clarice Seahorse
100 Gorgonian Forest Way
B'ham, AL 46773

Gah, way to go, this made me ACTUALLY lol, woke up my wife..then she looked at me like I was an idiot when I explained what was so funny..lol

This is an awesome thread man, and the tongue and cheek humor is right on my level..lol

Super glad you made this thread, AND that I found it..watching her colors change was a VERY cool process to me..when you said you were going to stop posting my stomach dropped..I was afraid something had happened!

Please keep updating, I LOVE horses, but I'm a little too lazy a reefer to feel comfortable keeping them haha

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugu7aqyj.jpg
a6y7ygyq.jpg

Lol!

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to close this thread out. I'm finished with this board. Thank you sooo much to everybody on this thread!!!

MrsG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hubby always tells me no no no can do, ill be pointing out this thread to him.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 96 reef with clowns a Sgt. Maj. A lawn mower blenny and mandarin all verry healthy and my water temp is about 75
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1380836760.563272.jpg
do u thank I can do it

Would depend on your flow rates, hitching places, and a few other variables. Remember, they are NOT strong swimmers.

I've never heard of a Sgt Major fish?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you go scuba diving you see tons and tons you can actually swim right thrugh

I like them. They are very personable fish. Not afraid of anything! I had one I caught in Galveston, TX on the sea wall in my peacock mantis tank. I gave it away when my mantis died. I've seen them snorkeling in the ocean too. They get huge!

IMG_0322.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 76 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back