Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody just bought a used Red Sea 350 last week for 875$ i bought a 36" sunpower6 of the r2r sell/trade thread and love the look. I used 1" square tubing and mounted it to the wall behind the tank...(tank filled before mounts were acquired) this will not be the rockscape I plan on haveing. It was more of a rush to putting it up and re stocking the previous owners corals. I acclimated the nicer corals and threw them in the cube29 for the now being, for the sake that their will be lots of changes to the 350 and I don't wanna stress or kill the more pricey corals. Anyways I am posting on here about the t5's I am curious if u think I should keep the silver look, or paint the ati black with high heat paint to match everything else? Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4990.JPG
I like the look of silver with black, just leave it. My light is silver too. Pass me one of those Lagunitas IPAs please :)

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to "A" School at Coast Guard TRACEN Petaluma back in 1989 but Lagunitas wasn't a thing yet I don't think. Nice area up there!

reeferparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling all reefer 350s running a single ap700 fixture. I should be receiving mine in the next day or two. Is it enough to cover the whole tank or will I need to look for supplement lights?

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to "A" School at Coast Guard TRACEN Petaluma back in 1989 but Lagunitas wasn't a thing yet I don't think. Nice area up there!

Yup drive by the coast guard base quite a bit, Lagunitas is hard to even get a seat in nowadays, doesn't matter if it's a weekday. Sonoma county is beautiful man, little flooded at the moment lol.

rerana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the back vinyl off my new 425xl today. Thanks @Broadfield for the encouragement. Totally feels wrong when you are doing it, but sure is nice once it is done. I left a strip down the middle to help hide the pipes. Looks great even with a brown wall behind it. Probably will paint the wall a white-is color before water goes in the tank. Thought about putting some sort of frosted paper, but now i am thinking it might not need it given i like the look as-is.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the back vinyl off my new 425xl today. Thanks @Broadfield for the encouragement. Totally feels wrong when you are doing it, but sure is nice once it is done. I left a strip down the middle to help hide the pipes. Looks great even with a brown wall behind it. Probably will paint the wall a white-is color before water goes in the tank. Thought about putting some sort of frosted paper, but now i am thinking it might not need it given i like the look as-is.

I wouldn't touch the wall at all... it's going to look perfect!

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reefer merit badge for reading this whole thread... LORD I feel like I did the reading version of a marathon.

Seriously though, thank you all for sharing your wonderful tanks and modifications. I'll be getting my tank in the new few weeks, and I feel totally prepared to get it setup thanks to you all!

Cheers

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps makes various size sponges as well!

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@oseymour you can probably pick these up and cut to size since they are thicker than the stocean foam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B...e=UTF8&qid=1487432489&sr=8-6&keywords=Eshopps
Eshopps makes various size sponges as well!

Thanks guys, I just ordered from Amazon.

I hadn't cleaned mine in months and it was nasty - I tried washing it many times and couldn't get it clean. Finally I soaked it in some vinegar water while cleaning the pumps and it basically disintegrated.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know the length of the return and drain pipe for the 250/350?
I just inspected mines and realized I have the wrong ones. I tried fitting them but they are too long. I've contacted RS to see what they can do. I'm thinking about cutting to fit myself. I guess the inner drain pipe length is about the same as the larger pipe?

042lapl.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone advase what is the best way to remove the overflow pipes? I need to relocate the tank and am afraid the pipes will get damaged during the transfer as they stick out at the bottom of the tank.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone advase what is the best way to remove the overflow pipes? I need to relocate the tank and am afraid the pipes will get damaged during the transfer as they stick out at the bottom of the tank.

Twist from under the cabinet once you have everything drained, then again from the top.

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks for all of the information so far and a bunch of beautiful tanks, my 350 will be ready for pickup tomorrow and the only thing left for me to order is the pvc hard plumbing. I would like to design a 2 tee manifold for the system and I'm having the hardest time figuring it out. Would anyone here be able to shed any light on what parts/adapters I would need to hard plumb 150 phosbans ? I'm not really the DIY type, and have not done too much with PVC, other then simple plumbing on my current tank.

Would like it to look similar to this:
IMG_4098 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back