ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RedSea reefer 250 and I would like to raise the water level in the return pump compartment by about an inch. Anyone know how to adjust the ATO float?

bfsaunde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I ordered the XL 425 and it's going to be delivered this Friday. I ordered from MD but I'm assuming all these get drop shipped by RedSea USA. I really wasn't expecting a call this soon and failed to ask what this monster will be showing up on. I'm hoping that if it shows up on a truck with a lift. I'm OK with is being curbside, I can deal with that. I'm not ok with them showing up to a residence and expecting a forklift to be onsite. Curious about how you all may have received yours.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks for all of the information so far and a bunch of beautiful tanks, my 350 will be ready for pickup tomorrow and the only thing left for me to order is the pvc hard plumbing. I would like to design a 2 tee manifold for the system and I'm having the hardest time figuring it out. Would anyone here be able to shed any light on what parts/adapters I would need to hard plumb 150 phosbans ? I'm not really the DIY type, and have not done too much with PVC, other then simple plumbing on my current tank.

Would like it to look similar to this:
IMG_4098 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

http://reef2reef.com/threads/show-o...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-139#post-3303799

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I ordered the XL 425 and it's going to be delivered this Friday. I ordered from MD but I'm assuming all these get drop shipped by RedSea USA. I really wasn't expecting a call this soon and failed to ask what this monster will be showing up on. I'm hoping that if it shows up on a truck with a lift. I'm OK with is being curbside, I can deal with that. I'm not ok with them showing up to a residence and expecting a forklift to be onsite. Curious about how you all may have received yours.

I have the 205, the trucking company wouldn't back into my cul de sac. I had to meet them down the road, luckily I could fit this tank into my vehicle. This particular company didn't offer a lift gate, your tank my be different due to size and weight.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My XL425 was delivered by the LFS. What I can say is it comes in a large crate. I would imagine they have to have a lift gate just due to the size and weight. Otherwise they are going to be there awhile for you to open the crate and take the pieces out so they are movable without one. My LFS brought it in their trailer in the crate, but once they got here they took that apart in my driveway and carried it in piece by piece.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine came on a truck with a lift gate and they had a pallet jack (I think that's what they're called) to haul it up the driveway. They weren't willing to lift it up into the house, though, so it sat in the garage for me to unbox and find help to carry inside. The heaviest part is the stand. I carried it piece by piece into the living room for assembly.

bfsaunde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came on a truck with a lift gate and they had a pallet jack (I think that's what they're called) to haul it up the driveway. They weren't willing to lift it up into the house, though, so it sat in the garage for me to unbox and find help to carry inside. The heaviest part is the stand. I carried it piece by piece into the living room for assembly.
Thanks to all that have replied. The freight company responded that it will show up on a truck with a lift-gate. They can deliver it to the driveway/garage but that's it. I'm not ready for it in the house anyway. So, that's fine. Thanks again for the replies.

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 205, the trucking company wouldn't back into my cul de sac. I had to meet them down the road, luckily I could fit this tank into my vehicle. This particular company didn't offer a lift gate, your tank my be different due to size and weight.

Not sure what I'm suppose to see here, does not list anything along the line of specifically how to plumb the media reactors.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what I'm suppose to see here, does not list anything along the line of specifically how to plumb the media reactors.

Look at post 3643 and follow the link. You'll see a detailed list of the equipment @Broadfield used on his first manifold setup.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got really tired of bending over and getting into my cabinet to start feed mode so I had this thing lying around and slapped in on. I originally bought it to put under the cabinet in the kitchen for cooking recipes and what not, however it didn't work out so well. So now I'm seeing how this work. Hopefully I don't manage to drop it in the tank somehow o_O
IMG_0215.JPG

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at post 3643 and follow the link. You'll see a detailed list of the equipment @Broadfield used on his first manifold setup.
Yes I see that it says he used 1/2 inch pvc with gate valve, but I'm looking more specific to the phosban 150. From my limited knowledge, I don't even know if its possible to convert them to pvc from the connector they come with stock.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I see that it says he used 1/2 inch pvc with gate valve, but I'm looking more specific to the phosban 150. From my limited knowledge, I don't even know if its possible to convert them to pvc from the connector they come with stock.

You don't. I think those valves come with slip & thread fittings. You can use thread to barb 1/2"-3/4" fittings.

You can also check out SigMarabi's thread on his 525XL.
I like his plumbing work as well.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RedSea reefer 250 and I would like to raise the water level in the return pump compartment by about an inch. Anyone know how to adjust the ATO float?
Unscrew it from the sump. There is a nut on the bend of the the float valve, loosen that enough that you are not grinding the teeth when you try to adjust the angle, adjust to desire position, retighten the nut and replace.
Hope that makes sense, really easy once you have it in you hands.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can get a 1/2" spigot x 3/4" slip grey color ? I purchased 3/4" spear gates with 3/4" spigot x 1/2" slip to fit the reactors but the gates are huge so I am considering getting 1/2" gates instead just can't find the bushing. I am using 3/4" pipe.

Also if anyone can recommend how to secure the manifold to the top of the tank. What size screws should I use and how to safely screws them in without hitting the tank.

TIA

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can get a 1/2" spigot x 3/4" slip grey color ? I purchased 3/4" spear gates with 3/4" spigot x 1/2" slip to fit the reactors but the gates are huge so I am considering getting 1/2" gates instead just can't find the bushing. I am using 3/4" pipe.

Also if anyone can recommend how to secure the manifold to the top of the tank. What size screws should I use and how to safely screws them in without hitting the tank.

TIA

1/2" zinc platter screws should work

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to switch to a silicone tubing on my Reefer Nano. I bought some 3/4" ID from BRS and that's too big. They also offered a 1/2" ID and that's too small. :( Anyone know if 5/8" is the magic number for the return tubing? My return pump lists that the barb is 3/4", but the return part up top where it meets the pipe is very very loose using the 3/4" tubing. I worry that it'll pop off and spray water everywhere when I'm not home some time.

rroselavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a Reefer 250, and used some silicone tubing that I had left over from a previous tank. The green vinyl tubing that Red Sea provides is approximately 5/8" ID, while my silicone tubing was about 9/16" ID. My tubing fit onto the Red Sea barb fitting quite nicely, although I had to use an extra Eheim barb fitting on my Sicce Syncra 4.0 pump since the Sicce barb fittings were way too big.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unscrew it from the sump. There is a nut on the bend of the the float valve, loosen that enough that you are not grinding the teeth when you try to adjust the angle, adjust to desire position, retighten the nut and replace.
Hope that makes sense, really easy once you have it in you hands.
Great, I'll try that this evening, thanks!

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was debating whether or not to get a CUC but finally decided to go ahead and order from Billy's Reef Connection:

Loosely based on Melev's recommended 1-per gallon example: http://melevsreef.com/node/1981

Went with fewer crabs (no emerald) and less than 1-per to start off on a RSR 450.

3 - Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab
5 - Mexican Red Leg Hermit Crab
5 - Blue Leg Hermit Crab
2 - Fighting Conch
2 - Mexican Turbo Snails
2 - Super Tongan Nassarius Snails
10 - Nassarius Vibex Snails
10 - White Foot Trochus Snails
15 - Astraea Turbo Snails
15 - Cerith Snails

Still may pick up one of those Tigertail Cucumbers.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back