Show Off Your Custom Wood Canopies and Stands

kathy rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All credit on the stand build goes to Kevin Koplen in Ark. He does amazing work. He only took him a few weeks to do the build. I am very happy with it. The doors and trim match the kitchen cabinets and the fireplace. Also, love the hidden door on the end.

I was just wondering if this gentleman Kevin Koplen still does wood work? Could you give contact info for him? Thanks

NeptuneGarden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8' long 300 gallon. Gone now, but was a great tank. Sadly lost the pics of it filled on a hard drive crash

den4.jpg~original

aqlight27_zpsd32d5f6b.jpg~original

dromonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 80 phone camera sucks I'll get better pics when back home sides hold ato on left and all electronics and controllers on right

received_10205711942424023.jpeg

received_10205706832736284.jpeg

received_10206875593674577.jpeg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll play along and share a few that I've done.

First is my peninsula right after completion. All panels are removable...

This is a mobile QT/Frag system I recently set up...

And a couple more examples of stands I built for friends...I build, they paint or stain...my generosity only goes so far...lol.

Phil Cusimano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to dabble in the art of woodworking once in awhile, and I love browsing through threads where people have posted up pictures of their custom wood stands. I did some digging, but evidently we don't have one, so I thought I'd get one started. So lets see some pictures of those custom wooden canopies and stands.
Great idea, and in a day or so I'll start posting my custom built stand and canopy. Funny, I was planning to stain mine white ... instead of the traditional stain colors. As I scroll thru some of the pictures I noticed I wasn't alone in my thinking :)

Errattiq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
125 gallon, 40" tall stand and custom canopy with Amazonian rainforest wood used in the canopy fish art. I can't take credit for that piece but the guy I bought it from showed me he payed $250 for that one plank! . I put in an LED strip lit electronics section to protect the expensive stuff from splashing. I also put in a door on the opposite side of the stand for easy access to my UV. The left third of the stand now has Home Depot style adjustable shelving for dry goods storage... Really helps out because those 40" of height are maximized and I keep everything off the stand's floor other than of course the sump

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Shannon Harlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here a shelf my hubby built to hang my mh from still waiting on him to build my new stand

20160722_150920.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back