OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
The floors are race deck snap together tiles they are great and easy to clean. I put them directly on the slab. I have even purposely spilt a gallon of water to see if it seeps under them and it did not. My only complaint is that they do expand a lot with heat so when you installed them make sure to get the room up to 80 to 85° and then install them so that it is already up to the maximum temperature so I don't expand and after I had the tanks set up I learnt this. I got these ones used off eBay, if your interested I can send you the guys info!

Special_K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
The floors are race deck snap together tiles they are great and easy to clean. I put them directly on the slab. I have even purposely spilt a gallon of water to see if it seeps under them and it did not. My only complaint is that they do expand a lot with heat so when you installed them make sure to get the room up to 80 to 85° and then install them so that it is already up to the maximum temperature so I don't expand and after I had the tanks set up I learnt this. I got these ones used off eBay, if your interested I can send you the guys info!

Yes, Please. I am interested. My installation will be in basement so temperature is not a issue but water seeping through the seam will be a huge issue! Thank you!

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are doing great! I've been slowing ordering and building the collection.
I switched one of the tubs to 5 gen 3 radion pros just to have different lights for different corals.

IMG_2565.JPG

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering AcroFramerRWB what made you switch from MH lighting to Led lighting , and specifically why Radion lighting ?

The main issue was coverage, each tub is 48"x 96" so two halides lit up about a 30"x30" area and adding any more would produce too much heat.
I love the growth from halides but radions were a smarter choice.
I just upgraded the one tub that had g3 pros to 5 G4 pros and the other tub to t5 and radions.
I'll take better pictures later!

IMG_3628.JPG

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is absolutely amazing the whole set up. And very valid and good choice and great reasoning, to go with LEDs and even T5's. I am considering Radions for my DT and my Frag tank as well . Thank you for your input so much, on why you went with them.

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is absolutely amazing the whole set up. And very valid and good choice and great reasoning, to go with LEDs and even T5's. I am considering Radions for my DT and my Frag tank as well . Thank you for your input so much, on why you went with them.

I will say as far as lighting with everything taken into consideration and all my experience with lighting..... t5 or radions would be my top two choices and I would say they are pretty tied!
It boils down to what you want in a light, radions have the controllability and the led color and light shimmer. T5 will be a much brighter looking tank and have very little dim spot because of how well it reflects, you can add reef brites if you want more pop.
Hope it helps!

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say as far as lighting with everything taken into consideration and all my experience with lighting..... t5 or radions would be my top two choices and I would say they are pretty tied!
It boils down to what you want in a light, radions have the controllability and the led color and light shimmer. T5 will be a much brighter looking tank and have very little dim spot because of how well it reflects, you can add reef brites if you want more pop.
Hope it helps!

Thank you very much this is very important information to me thank you , AcroFarmerRWB ! And yes this is very helpful to me !

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some better pictures of the lighting upgrade.
One tank has 5 radion G4 pros
Other tank has two 48" quad reef brite Supra t5 with a total of six ati blue plus and two ati purple plus with two g3 radion pros on the end covering the last 2 feet.
Both tubs have two 72" reef brite xho blues, one on each side of theophylline setup.

Still working on some of the cords!

IMG_3661.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3646.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back