OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is pretty amazing stuff! The regal angel started eating again tonight.

And for the wrasses.. The mystery wrasse is eating well however the melanurus wrasse is not eating anymore. So the anecdotal evidence on CP with wrasse looks right on.

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On day 4 of CP. Absolutely no spots on any fish.

The melanurus wrasse that wasn't eating on the onset of CP has started to eat again, however, the mystery wrasse that was eating fine when I started CP, hasn't eaten in two days now.

All other fish are eating normal as usually. The regal angel who I thought was going to die is back to normal.

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humble, what should I do about the mystery wrasse? Looks like he's not doing well in CP.. I can see he's breathing heavy now and from other peoples posts, he's probably going to die in a few days.

I can put him in another HT without CP, but not sure what to do about the disease. He never showed any signs of the velvet/brook but he may be a carrier. I was thinking of leaving him in CP for 7 total days and moving him to a another completely sterile HT to see if he can recover, and observe.

7 days too little? Or should I move him now and put him on metroplex with copper.

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a water change today. I was going to suck out 50% of the water, put in new water and then dose CP again. Should be a 5 min lapse where new water doesnt have CP.

Or should I dose my brut container and then do the water change? Not sure if the plastic will absorb some of the CP.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or should I dose my brut container and then do the water change? Not sure if the plastic will absorb some of the CP.

I would mix the medication in a 5 gallon bucket before adding to your QT, so the therapeutic level remains constant at all times.

5 mins may not seem like a big deal, but there's no telling when free swimmers might be active in the water.

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good.. No spots stil..

However, my purple tang stop eating a few days ago. I don't think its the CP. He has no spots and is not scratching. However, his stomach looks bloated and irregular (sort of what like he's pregnant). I've seen him with this before though. Not sure if thats the cause.. Maybe he's constipated? Does anything else cause that?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if thats the cause.. Maybe he's constipated? Does anything else cause that?

I had a PBT who would get all bloated anytime she ate red nori. Took me a little while to make the connection. She would also stop eating whenever this happened.

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... I noticed the regal angel scratching a few times yesterday. Still no spots on them but was strange to see him scratching.. He was scratching by his eyes and mouth. Probably 3 times over a 2 hour period. He also had a few instances where he looked like he was going to scratch but then changed his mind and didn't....

Also, the PT still hasnt eatten since he's gotten "bloated". I'm wondering if this is worms or some internal thing.

I also noticed my potters angel eyes have a white mark on both eyes. The eyes don't look cloudy.. but the white mark is strange.. Maybe its always been there but I never noticed it. Strange its on both eyes too.. Is that flukes or normal?

Somethings always wrong with these guys :(

Anyway, I just dosed the HT with General Cure in addition to the CP.

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also noticed my potters angel eyes have a white mark on both eyes. The eyes don't look cloudy.. but the white mark is strange.. Maybe its always been there but I never noticed it. Strange its on both eyes too.. Is that flukes or normal?

Does it look anything like this?

asfur0eye.jpg

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look anything like this?

asfur0eye.jpg

Hmm not so much.. It's more like a white mark such as a "/" across the eye.. and its both eyes.. Here is the best pic I could get, but its hard to see in the pic still:

DSC_6164.jpg

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, strange but after I dosed the General Cure, the clowns have a pink hue in their white. They're picasso clowns. I haven't seen this before, not sure what it is.. The white just turned pinkish.. Its not an infection or anything.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pink hue could be where a worm was feeding and dropped off because of the GC.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, strange but after I dosed the General Cure, the clowns have a pink hue in their white. They're picasso clowns. I haven't seen this before, not sure what it is.. The white just turned pinkish.. Its not an infection or anything.

_All_ of the white areas?

~Bruce

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back