Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner- TEST

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to see quicker results, you'll need to increase your dosing to 2x per week. Especially when you are dealing with multiple tough algaes, none of which generally disappear after a few doses. One time per week will work also but you are not going to see the quick results people get that are dosing 2x per week.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to see quicker results, you'll need to increase your dosing to 2x per week. Especially when you are dealing with multiple tough algaes, none of which generally disappear after a few doses. One time per week will work also but you are not going to see the quick results people get that are dosing 2x per week.

Okay, I didn't know that was recommended. I will follow that instead

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes- no visible change in bubble algae, cyano, turf, or the possible dinos even after upping the dose per UWC recommendation

Gotta be patient. You're going to see somewhat slower results as you are dealing with multiple algae strains. Keep up the dosing 2x per week and it will knock all of those out.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta be patient. You're going to see somewhat slower results as you are dealing with multiple algae strains. Keep up the dosing 2x per week and it will knock all of those out.

Yep I am still hoping it will help!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found the use of Vibrant to be fascinating. I've learned an amazing amount about my tank in the few weeks since I have started using it.
First, it killed almost all my hair algae. Then, I got a nasty Cyno bloom. I was fighting my skimmer like Ripley wouldn't believe.
Then something kinda odd happened. My Cyno backed off and my hair algae started coming back. Not nearly like it was before, but it definitely grew back.
I knew I was overfeeding my fish, but I had no idea just how much I was overfeeding them. I believe I managed to reach a new equilibrium where the recommended dosage of Vibrant eliminated the impact of some overfeeding but couldn't make up for all of it.
So, I put the auto feeder on the shelf for now and have drastically reduced how much I feed. Very interested to see what happens next!

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I didn't know that was recommended. I will follow that instead

There is a huge ammount of information in the official Vibrant thread, and most of your questions can be answered in it. Ive been treating and logging the data for about 6.5 weeks now in my thread "man vs bryopsis". You would benefit from reading both these threads. You have a beautiful tank and sorry its been taken over by algea.

Be patient and results will come through. As far as your snails, im not sure what to think just yet. Sorry you lost them.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been treating and logging the data for about 6.5 weeks now in my thread "man vs bryopsis".
That wouldn't be the same thread that is in desperate need of an update, is it? :eek:
I've been following that amazing thread and have been curious of the results!:D

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note:
Most of my snails have died.

weird you lost so many snails and upped the dose. snails eat algae, so did they eat poisoned dead algae diatoms?
There is a huge ammount of information in the official Vibrant thread, and most of your questions can be answered in it. Ive been treating and logging the data for about 6.5 weeks now in my thread "man vs bryopsis". You would benefit from reading both these threads. You have a beautiful tank and sorry its been taken over by algea.

Be patient and results will come through. As far as your snails, im not sure what to think just yet. Sorry you lost them.
Ill check that out. I still havent found any other data on a bacteria that kills only alge. a few microbes but thats it.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wouldn't be the same thread that is in desperate need of an update, is it? :eek:
I've been following that amazing thread and have been curious of the results!:D

I think i updated over the holiday. Not much to update. A few weeks to go. This will take at least the full 2 months to clear if not longer.

Thanks for sticking with me brew dog!

StrangeDejavu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stick with it and you'll get the results you want. Once a week was too slow for me so I bumped the dosing up to twice a week. It's really brought the hammer down on my dinoflagellates since then. I've been dealing with this species for probably a good 7 months. I too lost all my snails but I can almost guarantee our CUC deaths were the effect of palytoxin from the dinos and not Vibrant. I dose twice a week and my Nassarius snail and hermits are as lively as ever. If you'd like to see my dino progression with Vibrant, check it out here.

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When dosing once a week is anyone having issues with keeping micro algae in a refugium? Like cheato.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, any updates on the tank/results from your test?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back