What do you do for a living?

SomethingCool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General Manager of a reatail Pet Store. Got first saltwater tank at age 10 (im 26 now) but the store is just starting into the saltwater side of things since ive taken over. Definitely draws more customers in but not surehow healthy it is cor my addiction lol

I know lfs's have a bad reputation amongst hobbyists, which i was longg before getting into the pet industry, but we're doing our best to do things in s manner that isn't always in the stores best interest but in the best interest of the pets we a keeping. Which i like to think will lead to more long term success as our reputation is built

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Distribution sales rep. Lawn and garden, Aquatics, animal health, equine and farm, pet, home products, and pond products
We carry 23,000 items in our warehouse, my head was spinning when I first started trying to figure out if we even carried certain items.

Employee discount is pretty sweet, it makes this hobby much more affordable. I try to stick with products that we carry so I’m not into the high end stuff.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work as a sales consultant at Best Buy... (I'm ready for the questions or the hate)

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAREAGLE! How about beating Georgia? hoping we can do the same against Bama

Bama is pretty banged up right now. It will be a great game but I really think we can pull off the “upset.” Our D is unbelievable. Still some games to be played this year but I think this defense has got to be one of the better ones Auburn has had. Combine that with an incredible offense and we may just be able to make a good run for the playoffs!! We will see. WDE!!

zechariah campbell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this hobby is not cheap by any means and if i hadn't gotten my current job there no way id have ever been able to afford it so what do you guys do for a living to afford such amazing tanks?. Im a material handler in a well paid factory how about you?
I'm a stest worker in/ material handler and just joined this forum ATM and cannot get back to the " introduce yourself link " I'm starting a 75 gallon reef on a very low budget, been using Walmart glo fish blue lightsl and gro lights, no sump. My goal is to prove that marketing increases cost and I can do it low budget. In the last 3 months I started with a goonie that I thought looked pretty for $ 15 and various zoos and a Kenya tree because I know they're hardy. The gonioporra is thriving and the zoos have tripled but I have a GSP that's been suffering, them all of the sudden came back half dead with stunted polyps. Just today I'm trying two separate acropore frags I got for $20. I drive all over Minnesota to every frag dealer in Google maps. They all have something different to say about the care and price. I've had two separate events that killed all my fish and shrimp but all the Coral survived, and crabs and snails. So I'm going fish free for a month and a half because of crypto, I only lost $200 worth of livestock total ( allot to me but not the genre) and as of now ,equipment and livestock total I still have 800 dollars worth of stuff . So I'm a grand in since Feb 14

So this hobby is not cheap by any means and if i hadn't gotten my current job there no way id have ever been able to afford it so what do you guys do for a living to afford such amazing tanks?. Im a material handler in a well paid factory how about you?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%

Back