What do you do for a living?

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Another IT guy :)

Another IT guy here too. I own a small support firm here in Harrisonburg, VA.

I have lots of titles depending on who I'm talking to....IT Engineer...or Automation Engineer...or my favorite, North America Server Build SME

Software Engineer

Retired sysadmin. My wife and I just moved to Utah after 36 years in Silicon Valley. Once the basement remodeling is done, the tank an fish room are my focus.

Another Computer IT guy here

Senior Software Quality Engineer for a very large software company, going on 23 years there mid February.

Senior Systems Engineer at a Large International Law Firm

Computer Engineer

IT Engineer, but in college I was a professional horologist.

IT Technical Lead for Global Top 50 Company

Computer security for data centers and the software industry. I also do security audits - a super great cure for insomnia.

My job title is Cyber Security Architect. My boss added cyber because he thought it sounded cool lol! I'm responsible for raising the security maturity level of our organization. Prior to that I was our JD Edwards CNC(Administrator). Currently able to work from home, which is beyond awesome.

Retired Network Engineer.

Cyber Security Engineer and have my own IT Security Business on the side.

IT Guy, Head of the IT dept.

Network Administrator for a University.

Sr. Systems Engineer for a law firm. So.. Another IT Guy

Yet another IT guy here...end user computing to be exact for a place that keeps going and going and going

Network Administrator at a small financial firm.

IT exec for application managed services. Mostly big erp systems like sap and oracle

IT for an energy trading company.

Something needs to be said about the amount of IT guys here. I too am a Sr. Network Administrator.

My thought is that we all work with computers all day, and need a forum to go to in order to resemble some form of sanity. As for the reason why we are all into reefs I honestly couldn't tell you! Cheers Fellow IT personnel!

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something needs to be said about the amount of IT guys here. I too am a Sr. Network Administrator.

My thought is that we all work with computers all day, and need a forum to go to in order to resemble some form of sanity. As for the reason why we are all into reefs I honestly could tell you! Cheers Fellow IT personnel!

I've wanted a saltwater tank since the first time I ever saw one sometime in the 70's as a young kid. Long before I had any clue I'd end up in IT. Working in IT has definitely helped me afford the hobby, but I started a few years before I got into IT.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dispatch Supervisor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a certified veterinary technician. My job in NO way could support cost of living AND my reef...however, my hubby is in business planning with Charter so he supports me and I support my reef! ;):D

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project Manager for family owned business

zieg9479

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drive a truck for Sun Mountain Doors. I give plasma twice a week to fund my addiction!
I can verify the first part :)

In my main job I manage a wildland fire science lab, write research papers, teach university courses, and am a consulting forester on the side

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finance/payroll Director for television production company in NYC.
Awesome industry and helps me to fuel this crazy addiction lol

Also...thank you to all the critical care, healthcare, EMTs, teachers, Service men and women, volunteers and advocates to the abused that posted here. Kudos to all of you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back