What is the most beautiful tang in your opinion?

What is the most beautiful tang in your opinion? PICK TOP 3

• Achilles

Votes: 273 39.2%
  • Powder Blue

Votes: 261 37.5%
  • Sohal

Votes: 98 14.1%
  • Maculiceps

Votes: 21 3.0%
  • Chevron

Votes: 56 8.0%
  • Dussumeiri

Votes: 47 6.8%
  • Gem

Votes: 105 15.1%
  • Black

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • Purple

Votes: 181 26.0%
  • Regal

Votes: 57 8.2%
  • Naso

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Unicorn

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Other please post in thread

Votes: 64 9.2%

• Total voters

Alberta79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3rd vote for other = Yellow Tang. No question one of my favorite fish. I help off adding 1 to my tank for ever and the second he hit my display tank he was by far my favorite.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles and Powder Blue are running away from the pack with Achilles ahead by a nose. Purple separated from the rest of the pack at third place and the rest fairly far behind.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles and Powder Blue are running away from the pack with Achilles ahead by a nose. Purple separated from the rest of the pack at third place and the rest fairly far behind.

Makes sense to me - all the tangs are beautiful, and I agree with above posters who mention how amazing wild orange shoulder tangs look, but it is just hard to beat the Achilles and powder blue.

Edit - I actually think deciding on the most beautiful large angelfish would be harder. Or if their would be two that would be pretty far ahead of the pack (my guess is it would be regal and emperor or queen) there would be a lot more crowding in the middle.

Last edited:

Jason Coy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Atlantic blue Tang. I think they're stunning and the juvi form with the blue ring around their eye. and pictures of them in their adult form don't do them Justice the local rainforest Cafe has some larger adults and they are absolutely beautiful.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Atlantic blue Tang. I think they're stunning and the juvi form with the blue ring around their eye. and pictures of them in their adult form don't do them Justice the local rainforest Cafe has some larger adults and they are absolutely beautiful.

The NY public aquarium had a Caribbean biotope tank with many Atlantic blues, it’s soenthing I really remember from my childhood. The tank had a bunch of royal grammas and yellow headed jawfish and a mix of gorgonions.

Jason Coy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NY public aquarium had a Caribbean biotope tank with many Atlantic blues, it’s soenthing I really remember from my childhood. The tank had a bunch of royal grammas and yellow headed jawfish and a mix of gorgonions.
That sounds like an awesome tank. I wish more people would set up a Caribbean tank I think they got some beautiful fish and gorgonians. Also you can set up some interesting symbiotic relationships in a Caribbean biotope. I think I'm going to set my 125 up as a a Caribbean tank.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fat gem
Zebra
Achilles

The trio!!!!!

20190410_064157.jpg

20190410_064044.jpg
Wow nice tangs. What is the other name for the Zebra tang?

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dussumeiri - Good personality and they get very pretty. Achilles are my second but they are kinda a$$es. Here is mine in my 280 gallon.

When I first got him 7-10-18 and after 8 months is a huge difference.
IMG-1861.JPG

788ce6544ecc6e89f0113af20f71ba06.jpg

IMG-1860.JPG

IMG-1861.JPG
Wow nice Duss!! Same size as mine and just about the same of growth in same period.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense to me - all the tangs are beautiful, and I agree with above posters who mention how amazing wild orange shoulder tangs look, but it is just hard to beat the Achilles and powder blue.

Edit - I actually think deciding on the most beautiful large angelfish would be harder. Or if their would be two that would be pretty far ahead of the pack (my guess is it would be regal and emperor or queen) there would be a lot more crowding in the middle.
You should start a thread on the most beautiful Angels.
I would vote Regal, Majestic and French. Others would be Blue face, Emporator

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added my dream team today. Picked up a white tail bristletooth and purple tang from a friend who was tearing down his tank. They had been together in his tank for some time and were the perfect size for my tank. They have been inseparable since I added them. Beautiful tangs. JP

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Achiles and they're so difficult that they'll never be a common tang :)

U

User1

View Badges
Checked other.

Lt. Tang, Lavender Tang, and Scopus Tang. My favorites. Not the normal you would typically see in our reefs but when the reef tank is established and they mature I find they stand out. Also Atlantic Blues - sadly I do not think I could comfortably keep one in my 210.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back