What wrasses will fit in

Ryan Kindle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Im looking to add one or two wrasse. Looking at carpenter possibly. My biggest concern is I have read wrasse can go for feather dusters, and some inverts. Is there any with good chances they wont?
I have a 90g with different corals, bristletooth tang, foxface, 1 jester goby, 1 clownfish, small goby paired with a pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimps.
Any suggestions or feedback?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Im looking to add one or two wrasse. Looking at carpenter possibly. My biggest concern is I have read wrasse can go for feather dusters, and some inverts. Is there any with good chances they wont?
I have a 90g with different corals, bristletooth tang, foxface, 1 jester goby, 1 clownfish, small goby paired with a pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimps.
Any suggestions or feedback?
Fairy and flasher wrasse are unlikely to go after feather dusters and other inverts. A carpenters will do fine. Other recommendations: (you could do a handful together)
  1. Blue flasher
  2. Filamented flasher
  3. Exquisite fairy
  4. Lunatus, brunneus, or pintail fairy
  5. lubbocks, adorned or yellowfin fairy
  6. Rhomboid fairy
  7. naoko or ruby longfin

OP
OP
R

Ryan Kindle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairy and flasher wrasse are unlikely to go after feather dusters and other inverts. A carpenters will do fine. Other recommendations: (you could do a handful together)
  1. Blue flasher
  2. Filamented flasher
  3. Exquisite fairy
  4. Lunatus, brunneus, or pintail fairy
  5. lubbocks, adorned or yellowfin fairy
  6. Rhomboid fairy
  7. naoko or ruby longfin
Perfect! If I wanted to do two, can I mix types, or get male female? Any issues if I just yolo it?

OP
OP
R

Ryan Kindle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or even, what would be other fun adds, one wrasse and some other fish. Something with personality and some color?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! If I wanted to do two, can I mix types, or get male female? Any issues if I just yolo it?
I put the "or" in for a reason. You can mix any on a different line but not two on the same line. Also no pairing. There is a fairy wrasse chart from the wrasse guy that could help you. Just make sure to get the smaller and more peaceful species.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or even, what would be other fun adds, one wrasse and some other fish. Something with personality and some color?
You could also try a leopard wrasse. They are a more difficult wrasse as they are very sensitive and it may eat small shrimp (really small though so I wouldn't worry about pistol or cleaner shrimp).

For other fish blenny are fun. The midas if you want one thats always swimming but I think the other species are funnier. The lawnmower and its relatives are fun and grumpy. I love them.

A tilefish is a leftfield suggestion but they are really cool IMO. A biota mandarin is fun and very pretty and you don't have to worry about feeding like you do with wild ones.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! Almost forgot about my lawnmower. Hes always perched somewhere being unseen lol
Do you have a photo of your tank for an idea of swimming room?

Also, do you have a lid?

OP
OP
R

Ryan Kindle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a photo of your tank for an idea of swimming room?

Also, do you have a lid?
God i wish i knew how to make the pic look as nice as what it looks like in person lol

Attachments

• 20231124_163548.jpg
    20231124_163548.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 39

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back