OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forget which island or islands in Hawaii it snows, and of course you have to be native to visit certain areas of Hawaii. The snow is up high.
Big island. Mauna Loa I believe. Never been actually. Seen the volcano though. Fire and ice island.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6136B971-1752-4284-9994-C2F3F49BAC20.jpeg
NY state Hudson valley
That’s pure beauty.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa. Moved to London for a year and then To Pittsburgh for university. Now I am in Chicago, weather sucks but access to fish and coral is decent.
lol quite the moves. And weather is the complaint. Illinois weather ;Hilarious

Signalhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm born and raised in Puerto Rico, moved to RTC NTC Orlando FL later San Diego, San Antonio back to California and after one nice earthquake, I moved to Fort Myers FL. 32 years later I am still here. I hope my next move is the nursing home or the county morgue. I hate moving!!!

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
historic-covered-bridge.jpg

Grew up WAY upstate NY, right in between Buffalo and Rochester. Lived up and down the I-95 corridor btwn Philly and Baltimore. Finally got off the highway a bit and put down roots in Oxford, 45 min east of Lancaster, but still firmly Amish Country.

Ozzi-reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Born in Germany, but living DownUnder most of my life. Started in Sydney, then primary school years in beautiful wild Tasmania, then Melbourne for high school and uni, then back to Sydney and tropical Brisbane as my career took off and finally settled for good back here in Melbourne - which is famous for the best quality of life on the planet (can’t disagree). I do miss the northern cities as I’m an avid diver and the water down here is just too cold most of the year. It’s a three hour flight up to Cairns and the GBR and I do try get there once a year. I traveled the planet but have yet to find a more beautiful place than the outer reef - broke my heart seeing the damage on my last trip there.

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the price of real estate so high in HK, I would imagine there cannot be many places for you to buy equipment or livestock. Is this true?
Hi crusso,
Yep it's very very expensive here to rent a space as you say, I guess we are in a way lucky that we have %95 of all aquariums in 1 Street of about 2 blocks. It makes shopping easy, only thing is there isn't much variation between shops. For dry goods the range is not so great, they stock lots of local made goods and very few shops stock us or European made goods. Live stock wise we do have a few good reeef shops in the block and if your willing to shop around tyou may fins a nice few prices of coral.
So the basic rule is give yourself 2 hrs min and go to every shop in the street. Leaving the wife at home of course lol.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi crusso,
Yep it's very very expensive here to rent a space as you say, I guess we are in a way lucky that we have %95 of all aquariums in 1 Street of about 2 blocks. It makes shopping easy, only thing is there isn't much variation between shops. For dry goods the range is not so great, they stock lots of local made goods and very few shops stock us or European made goods. Live stock wise we do have a few good reeef shops in the block and if your willing to shop around tyou may fins a nice few prices of coral.
So the basic rule is give yourself 2 hrs min and go to every shop in the street. Leaving the wife at home of course lol.
I always take my wife. She limes looking as much as I do. She also helps me not to spend the mortgage.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. That part of IL is beautiful. Its truly a small world
That part of Illinois is so flat. You can drive for hours and hours and never see a hill. Trees, oil pumps and grass. I do miss it though. Haven’t been there in about 10 years.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well thats like Springfield. But 30 min west you reach the bluffs of the Mississippi river

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back