OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck this time around, looking forward to some pics. I hope this one does amazing for you!

Much appreciated Brett. Will post pics here and build thread on Tuesday.

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on your regal saltgator?

Thanks for the bump and question Mason Dixon (awesome user name too). Well... I attempted a second from P.I.A. and it came in great and healthy. My 55 QT was down, so I risked the DT and placed it right in with my tangs. After a few hours of no light, I decided to turn them on and watch. Everybody seemed to get along and throughout the day, I checked on them. As the night came, I fed the DT (as I usually do) and no attempts of feeding from the regal. No worries, probally just adjusting still. Well, after 2+ weeks of no eating (I offered brine frozen and live, mysis, 2 different enriched flakes, mussells, fresh clam), he nevered attempted anything. My DT also was overloaded with different sponges, not to mention, 2 clams and meaty lps corals. I nevered updated the thread because I'm the type that wants to wait until it's all clear before I talk. Well, it didn't help. For the last week, the regal has been MIA. Not sure where it has gone, but I've checked every spot without uprooting my DT's rocks and I've even checked around the DT on the fllor and under the stand! I know this is a bit long and crazy, but I'm taking it as a loss (or food to a RBTA or ritteri nem). I've almost (almost is the key word, ha ha) given up on my attempts with a regal and plan to just watch them in videos or spotlights on here. I'm still half tempted for another that is eating (now that my QT is back up), but still haven't decided. I might try a emperor, but I'm still leaving that as a far off thought.

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3" juvenile emperor angel coming in on Monday. I am going to chance it and see how it goes. I plan on QTing for a few weeks, but i'll update on here when it goes into the DT. anybody have one of these in your reef tank?

Any update on this?

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are a few
210fish439.jpg

What type of angels are those?
I know I have seen them before and I know that I know there name but I am having a brainfart for some reason, Also how large do they get and do you think they would be ok in a RSM130D?
Or would they eventually need to be moved into a larger tank?

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any problems with lamarack? I got one and that little sucker won't leave my corals alone! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get him out of my reef!

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any problems with lamarack? I got one and that little sucker won't leave my corals alone! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get him out of my reef!

Bump

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, OK. I will let my secret be know for those who might not know (I thought I posted this, but I see I didn't). Here it is and has been with me for almost 4 weeks now and I couldn't be happier.

These were taken in the QT set up he was in before shipment.

regal3.jpg
regal4.jpg
regal5.jpg

He has been in my QT since issues came about in my DT (which took place the week I received him. FAT n happy. Eating flakes, pellets, enriched brine, all mysis and nori sheets. He and the rest of the Qt is feed twice a day to keep up with the regal's eating habits (and I ain't complaining about that). I'll update with pics when me and my PC work on the same page :croc:.

***ALL REGAL ANGELFISH PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY WTFRAGIT.COM***

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous angel!!!!

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats.

I, personally, couldn't imagine a tank without angels; though mine are all dwarf angels, currently have 6 of them. Granted, this causes me to have to pass on fleshy LPS.

Blue face angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried almost all of the Pomacanthus and Holacanthus Angels and they will pick at LPS , Softies and Zoas .
As much as love Angels keep them in a fish only tank because not worth loosing all the corals they like to pick at.
I have seen them in SPS tanks with no problems but still don't think it's worth worring about corals getting damaged by them .

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried almost all of the Pomacanthus and Holacanthus Angels and they will pick at LPS , Softies and Zoas .
As much as love Angels keep them in a fish only tank because not worth loosing all the corals they like to pick at.
I have seen them in SPS tanks with no problems but still don't think it's worth worring about corals getting damaged by them .

Thanks. I'm really shooting for an sps dominant system, but we'll see how he responds to my clams (nothing special) and the few lps and softies I have. I'm willing to loose a few corals if needed, but as much as he eats already, I'm not sure he'll find time to try corals, lol.

Blue face angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that he's eating but fish like to pick at everything in a tank. Don't know if it's cause they are always hungry or just bored . I know I would be picking at everything to if stuck in a glass cage for more then a couple days . But it really is a persons choice which one is more important . The fish or the corals . Just seems all the Angels I have tried have expensive taste and go after my prized corals. Best of luck to you .

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that he's eating but fish like to pick at everything in a tank. Don't know if it's cause they are always hungry or just bored . I know I would be picking at everything to if stuck in a glass cage for more then a couple days . But it really is a persons choice which one is more important . The fish or the corals . Just seems all the Angels I have tried have expensive taste and go after my prized corals. Best of luck to you .

Thanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back