• Start date
  • Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man SDguy, you're killing me with all those nice pic's you've been posting! They are great! I think I have already asked you if you have a tank thread correct? I would love to see more of your tank!

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice guys.

Finally I have something to show for myself!

IMG_7783_LRG.jpg

Bad pic taken with my iPhone:
photo-4.jpg
yup this mini red is really nice....it looks like a mini haddoni...i have 3 myself..i tried to cut 1 but both halves died...but then i found out they split on their own when they become 2 inches...they dont grow as huge as other maxi's...mine splits when its 2 inches,no bigger than that.........i call mine killer minis cause it killed 2 fish

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man SDguy, you're killing me with all those nice pic's you've been posting! They are great! I think I have already asked you if you have a tank thread correct? I would love to see more of your tank!

Hey thanks very much... I actually don't have a tank thread :eek:

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup this mini red is really nice....it looks like a mini haddoni...i have 3 myself..i tried to cut 1 but both halves died...but then i found out they split on their own when they become 2 inches...they dont grow as huge as other maxi's...mine splits when its 2 inches,no bigger than that.........i call mine killer minis cause it killed 2 fish

Yeah I heard they are not as hardy too. Mine is being very fussy while acclimating. Do yours move around a lot? I heard they like to move more than normal maxis.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I heard they are not as hardy too. Mine is being very fussy while acclimating. Do yours move around a lot? I heard they like to move more than normal maxis.
yup....they move a lot than the other maxi's...they like a lot of light....one of mine moved in a rock where i have a nice colony of rpe's....rpe's starts dying one by one...i couldnt get the mini off as its foot is buried deeply....though its my most expensive mini...

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my minis...some are hiding..they like to cuddle up and go on top of each other and sometimes likes to share rubbles together...they are cute...
DSC07348.jpg

DSC07341.jpg

DSC07343.jpg

DSC07350.jpg

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lot of minis and can see a change in colors..they seem to morph..a few of my orange ones are getting green and even one of my blue ones seems to get greener..i have mine under 250 watt radiums and not all change..so what is the reason..adjustment from wild may be?!?red ones are not affected yet...

I'm not sure but I think maybe some colors like more light than others or it could be them adjusting from the wild or just to different types of lighting.
Ive had a cpl of mine fade a little under my T5's (Im thinking maybe to much light) but also had a few get better colors.
Im going to be moving them soon to a 12g with a 70w MH so I'll see if they change color again.

Ladyreefer I love that orange one with the purple rim.

My friend and I each bought some and are cutting them and trading with each other.
I got this yellow/orange one from him on the left. It's by far the brightest one I have. Pict. does it no justice.

Image014-3.jpg

These are just like my chalice addiction. I want one of every color. At least they're a little cheaper than chalice lol.

kass

Last edited:

Sula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very nice :)
I am part of this addiction as well - I have 6 morphs right now. I would try to get a picture but they aren't too photogenic right now - I gave them all the "Kraylen treatment"
:wink:

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this thread. I love maxi nems too.

Here are a few of my favorites.

PC090087.jpg

PC110117.jpg

PC110103.jpg

PC040018.jpg

PC040193.jpg

PC040201.jpg

PB210054_01.jpg

lemonlabrynth.jpg

PB210057_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice - love the Red and the Pink! Yummy!

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice reef goddess! I want them all lol.

kass

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Kass! You have some very pretty ones as well. Yes, I have to admit to having a bit of a "my precious" syndrome when it comes to my maxis. ;p

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay folks ... from one "worried" reefer ... so far I've Five Mini carpets and the tiniest mini has gone AWOL and I can't find it anywhere else!!! They're all settled on flat piece of what's left of a Turbinaria coral from years back (glad I didn't toss this dead coral).

It has the brightest Burgundy Red with light pastel lime green skirt and this morning I did a head count and it was missing ... my question is will it come out when the lights come on???

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back