• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Salty D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go where they want. Even if you coax it out it's gonna take off and find a comfy spot. The best thing I found to make mine move is turning a powerhead towards them. Not so they are flapping in the breeze...but enough to shake it up a bit..lol. Even after making it move, it just went to the other side of the rock and now I can barely see it at all. I'll see if I can dig up pics of my new nems opened up

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

Last edited:

RZ5T

Heart Breaker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Son of a ... I'll be getting mine out of the tank. I was thinking that my clowns would host in it. Any tricks on how to get these guys off rocks? I need a RBTA. Thanks Guys.

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, you guys have convinced me, I'm fragging all 6 of mine tomorrow! How long before I can sell them after fragging? We have a swap on Saturday.

Here was my 1st one:
Mini-Nem.jpg

It looks way more spectacular now.

After reading about all the fish you guys have lost, I'm moving my flame hawk out of that tank.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Son of a ... I'll be getting mine out of the tank. I was thinking that my clowns would host in it. Any tricks on how to get these guys off rocks? I need a RBTA. Thanks Guys.

I've heard that touching an ice cube to the foot for a few seconds will many times get them to let go. I've never tried it myself but I've seen it posted multiple times

Salty D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard the same about the ice cubes. It's gotta be stressful on the nem though.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful animals, but I am a little confused as to keeping them in a tank with fish. So many posts about losing fish, why take the chance? Seems like a matter of when not if. A little like Russian Roulette.

Are they that cool that they are worth the gamble?

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple small fish including a madarin with my two maxi minis and have never had a problem. One of them is a good 6 inches across. Now keep in mind it's a 180 and there is pleanty of space. All of my fish seem to instinctively stay clear. I don't know if I would have done it in a small tank. I guess it is a gamble, but I enjoy the diversity they add.

You can see mine behind the Naso

IMG_3938.jpg

Salty D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 in a 10 gallon. The smallest one is about 4" across. My clowns were swimming through a mine field. I lost one a while back to a nem, and a buddy of mine is taking my other one till I do an upgrade.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one in my 180 and I've never had a problem with losing fish. Here's a pic of mine:
IMG_6513-1.jpg

IMG_2671-1.jpg

RZ5T

Heart Breaker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly does anemone stings work? Are there some that are more lethal than others? I'm wondering if I was to get a RBTA and put it close to the Maxi would either one kill the other?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back