Best Aquarium Manufacturer

TYO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new here. Thinking of building a custom tank. Who do you like... Miracles, C2C, Glass Cages, Midwest Aquariums, other? Let me here you thoughts.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Planet Aquarium custom tank and pretty happy with it now 5 years going.
Reef savvy http://reefsavvy.com/ and Elos are pretty awesome tanks but on the pricey side.

BTW............
welcome2.jpg

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Savvy for sure. I have been lucky to see a lot of tanks over the years and for pure custom Reef Savvy is the best you will pay for and wait for it.:)

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank from Acrylic and Glass Exhibits (AGE) based out of Texas. It is a very nice, well constructed tank, shipped well. They use 1" pvc for the bottom of their tanks, and a powder coated stainless steel rim. Very good craftsman ship! I would recommend them to a friend.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check with your LFS and see if they are aware of any local builders. You will save money on the shipping which you can use towards getting a custom tank to suit your exact needs. It's also fun to meet with them personally and be a part of that design process. If that isn't an option, I can recommend a couple folks; Jason at Clear Fabrications in the Seattle WA area for acrylic (he built my custom 80gal) and Mike at Oceans By Design for glass tanks in Bellingham WA(they used to be closer to Seattle in Tukwila and just up and moved which sucks for us in the Seattle area)

OP
OP
T

TYO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked with my LFS... They recommended Miracles, C2C and Reef Savvy. SC Aquariums seems to have very reasonable pricing and they include shipping up front. ... I just do not see many reviews on their products.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might also want to think about how fast you want your tank in your house. Reef Savvy can take a year from order placement to delivery. I don't know how long it takes for other vendors but I know Reef Savvy takes that long because two friends of mine own tanks by Reef Savvy.:)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back