I'm new and and STRUGGLING.........HELP!

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Your aquarium is under 100 gallons right? just use the 1 oz bottle so it doesn't add too much extra junk.

OP
OP
R

Roeshelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so today after doing a bit of research on here and learning that there was really no reason to delay turning the lights on, I went ahead and did so. Sadly, the first thing I noticed is that one of my clown fish has a few spots that I only noticed once the lights came on. I'm thinking ich. After all the stress with the QT tank I am terrified to move her back to it and am worried that my DT is now infected. Since the DT is still new with only rock and nothing else, can I treat with copper in the DT? Or do I really have to put them back in the QT to treat them? I'm worried they wont make it if I do that. Any advice is much appreciated.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so today after doing a bit of research on here and learning that there was really no reason to delay turning the lights on, I went ahead and did so. Sadly, the first thing I noticed is that one of my clown fish has a few spots that I only noticed once the lights came on. I'm thinking ich. After all the stress with the QT tank I am terrified to move her back to it and am worried that my DT is now infected. Since the DT is still new with only rock and nothing else, can I treat with copper in the DT? Or do I really have to put them back in the QT to treat them? I'm worried they wont make it if I do that. Any advice is much appreciated.
Copper in the display with live rock means that live rock can only be used in a fish only system from now on.

Need pictures to verify.

OP
OP
R

Roeshelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper in the display with live rock means that live rock can only be used in a fish only system from now on.

Need pictures to verify.
So this was Marco rock, not live. Live sand though. Here are some pictures.
IMG_5182.jpg
IMG_5175.jpg
IMG_5171.jpg
IMG_5168.jpg

Reefbeast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Need pictures to verify.
Dburr is saying that if you ever want that to be a reef tank don't dose it with copper. The rock you have in there will eventually become live. And with the copper being absorbed by the rock it will slowly leach the copper out into the tank going forward and harm any corals and inverts you might want to put in there.

OP
OP
R

Roeshelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it, thanks for the advice. I am going to keep a close eye on her, make sure she is eating (she just ate and seems to be doing well) and I'm going to get the QT tank back up and running ASAP with some changes and I'm going to cycle it as well, just in case I have to move her back and treat her.

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty stressful last few days for those little ones. Try Silcon on the food and feed a little heavy and quality. The healthier the fish the more likely they can kick whatever on their own. Just my .02

OP
OP
R

Roeshelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty stressful last few days for those little ones. Try Silcon on the food and feed a little heavy and quality. The healthier the fish the more likely they can kick whatever on their own. Just my .02
It really has been, poor things. They are so teeny too. Thanks for the tip, I'm feeding high quality but will add the Silcon. I have a UV sterilizer as well that I wasn't planning to install yet but I think I will put that in now, just to hedge my bets

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really has been, poor things. They are so teeny too. Thanks for the tip, I'm feeding high quality but will add the Silcon. I have a UV sterilizer as well that I wasn't planning to install yet but I think I will put that in now, just to hedge my bets
UV sterilizer helps with ich in the water column. You can also raise your tank temp to 81 for a little while. This is supposed to shorten the ich life cycle. "Selcon" is what you are looking for as a food additive. it is fat and vitamins. Hang in there! If you do end loosing fish, well, it happens...

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV sterilizer helps with ich in the water column. You can also raise your tank temp to 81 for a little while. This is supposed to shorten the ich life cycle. "Selcon" is what you are looking for as a food additive. it is fat and vitamins. Hang in there! If you do end loosing fish, well, it happens...
Selcon, yes!!! Thank you for clearing that up. I want to see these fish get what they need. Not sure why I spelled it like that, I use it every day.

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selcon, yes!!! Thank you for clearing that up. I want to see these fish get what they need. Not sure why I spelled it like that, I use it every day.
How’s everything going, any updates?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back