Newbie :)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it OK to start a new thread that just reads "Amy's Tank"? I have another issue that I don't know how to fix and I'm sure it's something simple.

Feel free to start a members tank thread. It's a great way to share, track and look back on your progress. And of course ask questions.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMY!!!!! WELCOME!!! WOW, you have everything that you need to be successful there. That looks to be an awesome setup! @Katrina71 and @dbl have given you some good info. I would seriously look to get involved with local reefers and possibly a local club if available. People would love to help you figure out what you have there. I would be over in a heartbeat if I could. IT looks as though your Apex is hardwired into your router so long as your router is connected to the wall-mounted ethernet outlet. Did the previous owners give you the username and password to the Apex?

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
Not sure whether to envy of pity you. Free tank and fish v. inheriting complicated system. Go get em!

Spock-Home.jpg

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and WOW! like an in ground pool..did that set up add or subtract from the homes value? haha Nice set up. If nobody has helped with the apex set up...you might need to reset and start from scratch but lose all the data. Either way I would get on the community forum for Neptune. it can be complicated but it does have answers.

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I vote for all new houses to come with a reef tank...and an apex...WOW! Have you checked the garage yet!? :)

ha! Yes the garage is nice too! Coming from a 1 br shotgun style city home to one with a fish tank like this and other features is a culture shock!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to all of you! I feel so welcome! I’m excited to learn all I can from you! If you’re curious how the tank is doing, I started an “Amy’s tank” thread. But while I have you, the bubble tip that they had in here split and recently both of them have been traveling everywhere in the tank. Some days they look great and others they don’t look like they will make it. Here’s a photo of the smaller one tonight. He’s completely closed up. Does this look like he died :(

8A3301C8-4E5E-439A-BB7F-0293C4D758E1.jpeg

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to all of you! I feel so welcome! I’m excited to learn all I can from you! If you’re curious how the tank is doing, I started an “Amy’s tank” thread. But while I have you, the bubble tip that they had in here split and recently both of them have been traveling everywhere in the tank. Some days they look great and others they don’t look like they will make it. Here’s a photo of the smaller one tonight. He’s completely closed up. Does this look like he died :(

8A3301C8-4E5E-439A-BB7F-0293C4D758E1.jpeg

Can you get a pic with less blue, more white? He doesn't look dead from what I can see. When dead, they turn to mush.

Closing up from time to time is normal.

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and WOW! like an in ground pool..did that set up add or subtract from the homes value? haha Nice set up. If nobody has helped with the apex set up...you might need to reset and start from scratch but lose all the data. Either way I would get on the community forum for Neptune. it can be complicated but it does have answers.

im honestly not sure what if anything it did to the appraisal value. It does have a pool which I have no idea how to maintain either. Guess I’ll join an experts forum for that too!!! I am in touch with an Apex expert and once I have hours to mess with it, I’m going to leave it be.

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention here that we are not even close to rich. We’re basic middle class people. It was just a total bonus that this guy was really in
Welcome to R2R! A home that came with a 120 gallon tank along with a really nice equipment setup and sweet mixing station?!? That is awesome! And nice job jumping right into it and keeping everything going, that's no small undertaking. And to top things off, you have a 3 year old who actually shows interest? My 3 year old has zero interest. We took her to a LFS last week and all she did was play with a bunch of fake plants and helped rearrange a shelf of fish food.

It is really awesome that they left it. There were quite a few things they left behind I guess because they wanted all new stuff in their new house. Must be nice huh? I can’t believe we’ve kept everyone alive so far. I’ve never even had a goldfish, not even as a kid so I’m in awe of all of this.
Oh yes my 3 year old is obsessed. He walks around telling me how nitrates are bad and mommy and daddy need to fix it. How much he loves the star fish and he tries to mimic the crazy positions he sees the starfish in. Haha! He also got a little kid camera and takes photos of them constantly. He’s named them all, except for the shrimp. He doesn’t like them much! What is LFS?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back