OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard young lady hope u enjoy R2R I’m pretty sure you will I think it’s cool that you have kept tank going even though you had no experience. It’s kinda shows that you just might have the knack for this hobbie. Also don’t worry about a Rant every now n then we all do it and people here are very understanding and definitely helpful. Good luck

thanks! I’m really hoping I have what it takes! I do feel pretty accomplished so far! Everyone is alive in there and phosphates, salinity and temp are good. Nitrates still on the higher side but are coming down. That’s really allWe’ve focused on so far.

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Awesome to get a home with that setup! Hungry for more pics!

here’s some more! Once I get into it and used to the water testing, etc. I’ll up my coral game. It’s all about survival right now.

AB21273C-51B2-4A2B-A3B9-DBA38F5F1774.jpeg 4E051E2E-F55D-4BE1-B638-19D041C41AEF.jpeg 3D393F38-826F-47D8-BD97-10EB49117804.jpeg E91E8B79-B78E-42B6-A348-1394451BBE92.jpeg 3C2B66E1-66B3-4467-A712-4D1DF8C66D23.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, where are you located? There are most likely some reefers here that could be of help. Second, that's kind of a dream tank setup. I know you aren't sure about that yet, but...it really is. Kids and reefing can be great to teach Math. I know this for a fact! Please post more pics!!

im in St. Louis, MO. I looked one up and it seems pretty neat, I’m worried I won’t fit in and will be completely lost. I’m willing to give it a shot though. Looks like they have meetups often. Cool! I’ll have to hit you up when I can figure out the math on this thing too!!! Then you can teach me and him. Hahaha. I started an “Amy’s tank” thread, I’ll load some pics in there in a bit! Thanks for the welcome!

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Good luck getting everything situated! There are many people here who know all you need to know. All you have to do is ask. :)
I am so relieved to have found this forum! Thank you!

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family and welcome to the hobby.

Take a look at this thread as there is a lot of great basic information.

Oohhhh I’m def reading into that this weekend. Thank you so much for the reference! I’m going to learn so much here! Woohoo!!!!

OP
OP
A

Amyschingeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMY!!!!! WELCOME!!! WOW, you have everything that you need to be successful there. That looks to be an awesome setup! @Katrina71 and @dbl have given you some good info. I would seriously look to get involved with local reefers and possibly a local club if available. People would love to help you figure out what you have there. I would be over in a heartbeat if I could. IT looks as though your Apex is hardwired into your router so long as your router is connected to the wall-mounted ethernet outlet. Did the previous owners give you the username and password to the Apex?
Hello and thanks! I have looked into a local club and I’ll probably join even though I have some anxiety about knowing barely anything about anything. Yes, this entire freaking house is hardwired. Even the TV locations, but I’ll be danged if I can figure out which wire(s) go into the router. So I plan on having an electrician out soon to trace everything and hook it all up. The previous owners gave me a couple passwords to try but none worked. Luckily thanks to this site, I am in touch with someone very knowledgeable on how to set these up so as soon as I have time to sit and get it started I will! For now....everything is alive :)

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention here that we are not even close to rich. We’re basic middle class people. It was just a total bonus that this guy was really in

It is really awesome that they left it. There were quite a few things they left behind I guess because they wanted all new stuff in their new house. Must be nice huh? I can’t believe we’ve kept everyone alive so far. I’ve never even had a goldfish, not even as a kid so I’m in awe of all of this.
Oh yes my 3 year old is obsessed. He walks around telling me how nitrates are bad and mommy and daddy need to fix it. How much he loves the star fish and he tries to mimic the crazy positions he sees the starfish in. Haha! He also got a little kid camera and takes photos of them constantly. He’s named them all, except for the shrimp. He doesn’t like them much! What is LFS?

LFS is local fish store. There are lots of reefing acronyms that you'll run across. Just ask when you see one and someone will help you.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us are crazy for fish. Some of us are crazy for coral. Some of us are crazy for fish and coral. And some of us are just plain 'ol crazy!
Welcome to R2R!

tenor.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention here that we are not even close to rich. We’re basic middle class people. It was just a total bonus that this guy was really in

It is really awesome that they left it. There were quite a few things they left behind I guess because they wanted all new stuff in their new house. Must be nice huh? I can’t believe we’ve kept everyone alive so far. I’ve never even had a goldfish, not even as a kid so I’m in awe of all of this.
Oh yes my 3 year old is obsessed. He walks around telling me how nitrates are bad and mommy and daddy need to fix it. How much he loves the star fish and he tries to mimic the crazy positions he sees the starfish in. Haha! He also got a little kid camera and takes photos of them constantly. He’s named them all, except for the shrimp. He doesn’t like them much! What is LFS?
Local Fish Store

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us are crazy for fish. Some of us are crazy for coral. Some of us are crazy for fish and coral. And some of us are just plain 'ol crazy!
Welcome to R2R!

tenor.gif
Yes and this is one of the craziest of all!!! hahahaha.... but even the craziest among us are still all good and knowledgeable with big hearts.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back