Redtail Tamarin Wrasse

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how would one of these do in a reef tank? are they known to eat flatworms like a few other wrasse? scientific name: Anampses chrysocephalus

anyone have one? whats their temperment like? I am trying to remove a bully sixline I have and am looking for a wrasse to replace him with. I want something very peaceful and this one caught my attention. it also looks like they get pretty large. they wont eat snails, crabs, or shrimp? also whats their care level like? I read it was moderate on one site and difficult on another. also one site said reef safe and the other said it wasnt. they arent difficult like the leopard wrasse are they?

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have one, my bud does and as a juev, they are fine as adults they start throwing rocks around. I love the leopards they are my favorite. I have never had a problem with one. A well aged tank and no competion for them and they will thrill you.

sly fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine has a small group, they like to sleep in the sand bed but i like them as fish....often hard to get to feed tho

BShells

BShells
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Wrasse!! They can do well in an established reef tank, but they must be fed frequently (2-3 times daily). Their care level is about the same as the mandarin goby. They can do well in a large refugium also.

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back