This hobby has gone insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobreef408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it would look like the picture on ebay im sure he has a good camera thats a picture taken from a phone ? show me a nice coral taken with a 2 mega pixel camera ill give you props. and it is really dumb how people complain about a price? Its totally up to the seller to price it anything they want? i just dont get how people are in this hobby to complain about pricing about corals dont you think 10 dollar a pound for rocks is dumb? Supply/Demand end of story.

noobreef408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and 1800 dollar for a frag from WWC isnt insane? oh wait their popular that makes it okay.

fiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $1800+ frag is completely insane, but like you mentioned above it's a very trendy type of coral at the moment so certain people will over pay a crazy amount just to show it off.

noobreef408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Trendy" is subjective. My Devil's Aura is more than trendy to me its rare. I paid 150 and somone made a thread how this hobby is going "insane".

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and 1800 dollar for a frag from WWC isnt insane? oh wait their popular that makes it okay.

guess it's not the end of story...:tongue:

What I think is funny is that you keep defending your decision to pay the high $. It shouldn't matter what we think. As long as you like it. I think it's funny that you and the other people that pay these prices are allowed to have an opinion about whether it's worth it or not but when we voice our opinion, it's dumb...:confuse: That's OK you got your "rare" Devil's Aura for $150 now and most of us will wait till next year and get it for $20, but hey at least you were one of the first.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this thread should be close also MOD's would you please do a favor

OP
OP
jaytizzle

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it would look like the picture on ebay im sure he has a good camera thats a picture taken from a phone ? show me a nice coral taken with a 2 mega pixel camera ill give you props.

Well, here you go...
1b800275.jpg

56d6ee6f.jpg

5e187db1.jpg

d199800c.jpg

a60a9e31.jpg

0c8a26b0.jpg

ab236de8.jpg

fb4c1054.jpg

These are not my pictures, though. They were taken by reefers on a local forum and were shot with an iPhone 3GS. They are some awesome shots from folks who can do amazing things with a real camera. We had a "competition" on cell-phone camera shots and these were certainly the best. So yeah, you can do a lot with a 3MP camera on a cell phone.

Last edited:

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive†:nerd:

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noooo! Keep the thread alive!! Anyways, if this one is closed another will just pop up..:xd: Plus if you don't like the thread then you can click the little mouse button and go to another.....:tongue: :hammer:

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul this thred is not going to get better specially when things are good because of one known name seller and bad cause its from an other not to known seller

I bet if the zoa had Tyreeworldwidefox / aka name nobody would had complain
and my props to them i hope to one day meet with these guys
Iam looking foward to spend 2,500 in some special frags

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul this thred is not going to get better specially when things are good because of one known name seller and bad cause its from an other not to known seller

I bet if the zoa had Tyreeworldwidefox / aka name nobody would had complain
and my props to them i hope to one day meet with these guys
Iam looking foward to spend 2,500 in some special frags

That's where your wrong. For me personally I could care less whose name is in front of it. For me, that does not make the coral worth anymore. I would have a problem with the pricing if it were Tyree, LE, Joe, or the Popes name in front of it. You are right in that it won't change. There will always be someone that want's a coral because it has Tyree's name, ORA, LE in front of it or because it is "rare" and they can say , "OOOO I have the rare double helix hellfire zoa!" AND there will always be individuals and businesses to sell it to them. I think it's important for people that are just getting into the hobby understand what they are getting and that what is rare today and cost $150 will be $25 in no time. I mean I have some coral like a sunset, and pink sand dollar but that is what I call them. If someone would ask me if it where a Tyree or ORA, my response would be, "Don't know, Don't care".

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from wanting to buy Pauls rare double helix hellfire zoa, Im still bored with this...

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exaclly thats why I think it should be close all it so going to be is you say to me and ill say to you its not a helping thred for anyone including R2R

We dont need these type of post here

And also Paul there is going to be people no matter what you or me say they just dont care and go spend there money on any frag with any price tag

All iam saying is we should not care if anybody wants to pay what ever price tag for any frag its there problem

But know like we have seen in a couple of new post people looking for advice if X coral is worth the $$$$ then we could say yes its worth it or no dont buy cause you could get it cheaper

See the diffrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back