What fish are you so glad you bought?!

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my wrasses. Malanarus, leapored and marbeld. They are peacefully and are not afraid of me at all. When I move stuff in tank they always check it out for critters to eat. just a joy to watch. And eat from my hand.

BIG reefs or go home

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orange shoulder tang he has been with me for about 5 months now and during those 5 months ive had brook break out,and ich and NO QT and to this day he is still kickin fater than ever and most beautiful

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby Red Dragonet was in pretty bad shape when I brought him home. He eats everything now.

I have a female on hold at a LFS to introduce after QT.

20151220_165840_zpsoenbnmlp.jpg

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang who's been around way before my kids and i have 5 kids.
My favorite fish ever was Huma my picaso trigger fish. I kept toys in his tank for him to play with and his best friend was a blue damsel, he would eat any other damsel i put in the tank in seconds but not his buddy blue. I had to get rid of him he almost took off my sons finger tip.
Screenshot_20160510-175710.png
Screenshot_20160510-175710.png

jonb154

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 inches, and 180 gallons, I have an orange shoulder too and they think they are twins

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy I added my Longnose Hawk. So happy I added a Flame Hawk too. Both very cool fish. Love the way they perch on the rock

Would like to have one of these but I like my shrimps too- Fire, Skunk and Coral Banded and from what I've read Hawk fish can harm shrimps?

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to have one of these but I like my shrimps too- Fire, Skunk and Coral Banded and from what I've read Hawk fish can harm shrimps?
I have a flame hawkfish and several fire and skunk shrimps and hermits with no issues heck they even clean him and one of the fire shrimp was only .5 inch when i got it. I feed my tank well

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 inches, and 180 gallons, I have an orange shoulder too and they think they are twins
I have a 350 gallon i have orange shoulder he's 10" real good he does not mess with any body

jonb154

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 350 gallon i have orange shoulder he's 10" real good he does not mess with any body
Dream tank is 300 plus! I'm trying to recover from a dinoflagellate epidemic right now but the fish are all happy, I'm thinking of adding a naso or a regal but I'm not sure how they will take it!

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can but it helps if the shrimp are already in the tank when you add the Hawkfish. I have a nice sized Fire Shrimp which they ignore so far. Also have some hermits crabs and plenty of snails. Like I said, so far so good but it's definitely a gamble.

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dream tank is 300 plus! I'm trying to recover from a dinoflagellate epidemic right now but the fish are all happy, I'm thinking of adding a naso or a regal but I'm not sure how they will take it!
Naso are really cool but with my experience if they're bigger than eight nine inches sometimes they don't eat for 3 or 4 weeks then they start eating regal are real nice looking fish the yellow bellies are harder then the great Billy's the yellow bellies look better but sometimes the other Angels betta the regal up

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can but it helps if the shrimp are already in the tank when you add the Hawkfish. I have a nice sized Fire Shrimp which they ignore so far. Also have some hermits crabs and plenty of snails. Like I said, so far so good but it's definitely a gamble.
People tell me i cant put a clown tang with a sohal Tang it work for me my solhal is 7 inches I put in 8 1/2 inch clown tang and their buddies

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving my blennies more than I expected to - the comical Starry and the Midas, which kind of reminds me of a golden mahi-mahi, and still holes up each night in the nook he first took refuge in on introduction to the tank.

Delighting in the quiet brilliance of fairy wrasses (Lubbocks, Orange-back - and a brandy-new Bali Exquisite, in QT).

Charmed by the subtle beauty of the Kole tang - my granddaughter's favorite. For now.

The ember in the coal-bin never fails to delight, with a streak of blue lightning flickering across his tail - Coral Beauty Angel.

Not as in-love with the Zebra-Dartfish or Firefish as I thought I'd be. They just kind of ... hang in the current.

Always smile at the antics of the trio of azure damsels. (Hope it stays "antics", and doesn't turn to murder & mayhem!)

Clownfish? They're kind of just OK, though I do enjoy their weaving, bobbing motion. (But ... I have a granddaughter, lol!)

Don't even get me started on the inverts!

~Bruce

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back