fluconazole x bryopsis

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For treating fungal infection Ive read 6mg per gallon for 5 days, but yeah this being a 1 dose deal i wouldnt be concerned about 10mg per gallon. That is the dosage I think ill do. Ive got 17 gallons of tank water in my 20g. Ill weigh out 170mg from one capsule and hold onto the remaining.

I agree. You would think that there would have to be a substantial amount of build up of Fluconazole when dosing every day for 10 days so this one dose seams pretty small compared to that. Although I have no idea what the half-life of this is or how long it really stays active in the system.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. You would think that there would have to be a substantial amount of build up of Fluconazole when dosing every day for 10 days so this one dose seams pretty small compared to that. Although I have no idea what the half-life of this is or how long it really stays active in the system.

After 10 days I would do a big WC, put carbon back in, continue Vibrant, and if need be a few days later dose for another 10 day cycle.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10 days I would do a big WC, put carbon back in, continue Vibrant, and if need be a few days later dose for another 10 day cycle.

Yeah I've got plenty of saltwater,carbon and new filter socks standing by to filter out the dead remains of this evil algae when it's over.

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6758.JPG
IMG_6761.JPG
IMG_6760.JPG

Alright. Shipment delayed but arrived today. Dosed at 9pm est. crappy iPhone pics but it's a reference point.

tigé21v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6758.JPG
IMG_6761.JPG
IMG_6760.JPG

Alright. Shipment delayed but arrived today. Dosed at 9pm est. crappy iPhone pics but it's a reference point.

I know that look all too well. I feel your pain.
One thing I've noticed that's different for me this time around than in past infestations, is this one seems to favor flow, the more the better. Definitely worse on and near my vortechs and my gyre and the rock work immediately near them. The farther ypu get away, the less there is, till you get to a point where the is no sign of it. Bizarre.

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6764.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG
IMG_6766.JPG

So day 2 and as expected nothing to see here.
Just for reference I'm running my lights as normal. Skimmer is off. Automatic water change is off. ATO is on. No media running. No socks running, yet. I'll probably put those in when I see some die off. Wish I had mesh socks instead of the felt ones.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6764.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG
IMG_6766.JPG

So day 2 and as expected nothing to see here.
Just for reference I'm running my lights as normal. Skimmer is off. Automatic water change is off. ATO is on. No media running. No socks running, yet. I'll probably put those in when I see some die off. Wish I had mesh socks instead of the felt ones.

Another day or two and things will start happening.

I got a bunch of mesh filter socks from BRS a while back. I feel like it allows the meds to flow through but still catches larger particles. I may end up using these from now on anyway just because they are easier to wash out.(or at least that's what my wife says since she is the one who washes them) :)

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to wash my felt socks late at night or when no one is around cause my wife almost stroked out when she found out I washed my "fish things" in "her" washing machine. [emoji23]

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to wash my felt socks late at night or when no one is around cause my wife almost stroked out when she found out I washed my "fish things" in "her" washing machine. [emoji23]

lol Yeah my wife uses a utility sink to prewash them before they go into the washer so it's not so nasty.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting to see the final results from @NCreefguy but his thread so far is legit. I have my capsules just waiting around.
Yeah It's worked great so far. There are only a few weak strands of Bryopsis left and they are white. I'll post another pic tomorrow after the lights come back on.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Another day or two and things will start happening.

I got a bunch of mesh filter socks from BRS a while back. I feel like it allows the meds to flow through but still catches larger particles. I may end up using these from now on anyway just because they are easier to wash out.(or at least that's what my wife says since she is the one who washes them) :)
I actually tryed getting my girlfriend to wash my mesh socks yesterday, NEVER! Man i wish, i usually take the power washer to them, but now for the winter i have to do it by hand

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's quicker for some than others. Mine made a big change between days 4-5. How many gallons do you have and what was your dose?

15-200mg capsules from Payless pets. Still have 5 left
65gal DT
30 gal remote fuge
30 gal sump

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15-200mg capsules from Payless pets. Still have 5 left
65gal DT
30 gal remote fuge
30 gal sump

If you used 10 capsules then you're good to go. You probably have around 100 gal total water volume so 2000mg is right on the money. :)

You have 5 left of the 15?...Or you ordered 20.....dosed 15 and have 5 left?

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 144 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back