fluconazole x bryopsis

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following along
this is very exciting and am anxiously awaiting every ones results!
like the first monkey shot in to space!!!!

I think a little more exciting because the first monkey shot into space never really got there.....his flight was suborbital in 1948....poor Albert. However, the first animal to actually go into orbit was a dog by the name of Laika in 1957...that was news, just like this fluconazole killing bryopsis is the best thing since sliced bread.....and that was in 1928! :rolleyes: :D

tigé21v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were two different dosages that were being used. One was 9mg/L and the other was 150mg/30L which is 5mg/L. I have 200 gallons of total water volume in this system which is 757L. So 757L x 9mg/L would be a dose of 6813mg. 757L x 5mg/L would be a dose of 3785mg. I went with 4000mg so it was 20mg per gallon.

I think everyone was seeing their results from the lower dosage so I went with that.
Good to know, that's the dose I was planning on using. I was thinking one (200mg) capsule per 10 gallons to keep things simple for my forgetful mind..

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I understand....I just wanted to show that this dosage of treatment is well within what is considered "safe" for fish but as with any medication there can be adverse reactions.
Also as a reminder,I am able to remove my fish and corals at the first signs of stress so for anyone thinking about trying this please note that I am only sharing my experiences as to what I'm doing and how everything is going in my system.
Hows it doing today?

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows it doing today?

Everything is still doing fine. Nothing is stressed or abnormal. I'll start a thread and post some pics so I don't clutter this one up. Also just in case my dosage doesn't kill the Bryopsis,I may try some different things and don't want to derail this thread.I'll add a link here when it's up.

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order should be here tomorrow! one question, i have 2 AI vega LEDs on my 65g display. i should run ONLY whites during this treatment or does it not matter. i've been reading conflicting things

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order should be here tomorrow! one question, i have 2 AI vega LEDs on my 65g display. i should run ONLY whites during this treatment or does it not matter. i've been reading conflicting things

Honestly I'm beginning to think that it really doesn't matter. There were some who didn't change anything in their system at all except to dose Fluconazole and it still killed their Bryopsis. I just went with a little more proactive approach I guess hoping to assist in any way that I could. I'm still running the blue and violet channels on my Radions and only unplugged my T12's though.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I posted an updated pic in my thread showing that the Bryopsis is already starting to turn white.

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the reply. i was reading through your thread as well as one on RC and one somewhere else and it starting messing with me head. Also, is there possibility of overdose??

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the reply. i was reading through your thread as well as one on RC and one somewhere else and it starting messing with me head. Also, is there possibility of overdose??

I'm sure at some point there is a possibility of overdose. From everything that I've read, most say to stay within the 10-20mgs per gallon range for treating your fish. The difference being though that this treatment is only a one dose treatment. Treating your fish calls for doses every 24hrs for at least 5 to 10 days.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure at some point there is a possibility of overdose. From everything that I've read, most say to stay within the 10-20mgs per gallon range for treating your fish. The difference being though that this treatment is only a one dose treatment. Treating your fish calls for doses every 24hrs for at least 5 to 10 days.

For treating fungal infection Ive read 6mg per gallon for 5 days, but yeah this being a 1 dose deal i wouldnt be concerned about 10mg per gallon. That is the dosage I think ill do. Ive got 17 gallons of tank water in my 20g. Ill weigh out 170mg from one capsule and hold onto the remaining.

Back