Where can i get this fish

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know where i can get one of these and why there not on live aquaria anymore?

22E5D23F-CB79-44C8-AF0E-B34763D924C1.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang 3 grand, I expected to pay at max a 500 bucks for a pair especially if i imported them from japan .

I'm not sure if we get alot fish from that region, I thing there are alot of controls and customs invoved.. That price is just a guess because when I have seen things from that region, the price was always outrageous.

Upvote 0

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill still try
Go for it. I just know the outcome, I literally bought my 120 setup from them and it took 10 months of 2 times a week visits and talking to the staff etc to get them to go out of their way to order a pair. Why are you so hesitant to ask your local fish stores to look for them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it. I just know the outcome, I literally bought my 120 setup from them and it took 10 months of 2 times a week vists and talking to the staff etc to get them to go out of their way to order a pair.
I know I probably wont from that place

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i
I'm not sure if we get alot fish from that region, I thing there are alot of controls and customs invoved.. That price is just a guess because when I have seen things from that region, the price was always outrageous.
I guess in the future ill try to get some when i know how to care of fish better so i can get them for that price and know for sure they wont die on me, have you ever breaded yours before because if I could breed them I could probably make my money back over time?

Upvote 0

Tiki_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i

I guess in the future ill try to get some when i know how to care of fish better so i can get them for that price and know for sure they wont die on me, have you ever breaded yours before because if I could breed them I could probably make my money back over time?
Not sure these breed in captivity because if they did people would be selling them, like I said I have not seen a Redtail for sale online in the past 1½ to 2 years.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not try for a rooster waspfish? Very similar, and much less rare. You can always get your dream fish later if you find one. Heck, they might get along in the same tank.

(Confirm that with research. I don't actually know.)
To be honest i really dont like the color of that fish and there still pretty expensive.

Upvote 0

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Eh, fair enough. Color preference is color preference.

Bear in mind that scorpionfish types can change color, both to something you like and away from it. You could probably find a rooster waspfish individual that stays non-pink most of the time, and the redfin velvet fish might very well be able to turn pink.

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my male, he has no pink, orange on his pectoral fins and red anal fins.. With the variations within each scorpionfish species, as @Tired mentioned, scorps may not be for you if you are that particular.

1657428694061.png

Upvote 0

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably wrong, but I seem to have seen them available recently at LADD, although I do agree that the quality of the cattle has gone down since Kevin departure a while back, I'm from Mexico and can't get any fish from there but to be honest, If I could I would do it.

Upvote 0

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered from LADD recently and got a clown goby with ich and a sunken stomach, if that says anything about their livestock quality. "Healthiest fish anywhere", my foot. Be prepared to quarantine.

Upvote 0

Tiki_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from LADD recently and got a clown goby with ich and a sunken stomach, if that says anything about their livestock quality. "Healthiest fish anywhere", my foot. Be prepared to quarantine.
Yeah I had nothing but bad luck with LADD, many moons ago they were all right but now plan on the fish having something wrong with it.

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does LADD stand for

Liveaquaria divers den, years ago, like several years ago it was a good place to go, online. You got "what you see is what you get", fish were qt'd and eating, you could find some somewhat rare-ish fish, and pretry decent prices. Well I don't know if everyone knows this, but Petco bought them. And that was the beginning of the end. It's now a place best to avoid, and their prices on some are down right ridiculous, and they will die.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria divers den, years ago, like several years ago it was a good place to go, online. You got "what you see is what you get", fish were qt'd and eating, you could find some somewhat rare-ish fish, and pretry decent prices. Well I don't know if everyone knows this, but Petco bought them. And that was the beginning of the end. It's now a place best to avoid, and their prices on some are down right ridiculous, and they will die.
Thanks for telling me, i was about to buy three fish from them. What’s the best online place I should get my fish now, i heard of dr reefs but they don't have as big of selection as everything else and the fish take forever to come?

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back