Jeabo is taking over

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a huge fan of jebao until my wp40 started leaking current into my tank. That made me wish I had mp40's instead so there was no contact with water. I guess it can happen with any equipment we run but when it's a cheap Chinese product, I have to start pointing fingers.

Did anything Die from the Electrical Current?

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was scrolling through a friends MACNA pics on FB and noticed that Puratek's controller has Jebao listed as being compatible. Along with the big guns

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam Baggett

Adam Baggett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly have not had any issues with my Jeabo pumps. That does not meant I won't but fingers crossed. I do feel that someone like Ecotech are over priced. Don't get me wrong here I love their products and if I could afford them I would have them. I do have an Apex controller and I love it. If Ecotech would or could bring their prices down some, Jeabo would not even be in the picture.

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some one noted this before, but it rings true imo. I have both and I can contrast them this way.

Jebao = Samsung
Vortech = Apple

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some one noted this before, but it rings true imo. I have both and I can contrast them this way.

Jebao = Samsung
Vortech = Apple
Samsung makes good quality products if you want to go beyond their introductory lines. Jebao does not...
Jebao isn't bad for a cheap pump, but it doesn't compare to the quality tunze pumps and customer service you get with them. Why you would compare it to a mp40...idk, they are nothing alike. MP40s can sink wireless, have external motors, and cost a lot more.
Jebao fills its niche of budget reefing, but there will always be a market for the higher end tunze pumps that do not quit working ever...and when they do an overnight vinegar bath fixes everything.
BTW I've got 2 mp40 and a variety of tunze pumps and have had jebao wp40 as well.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly have not had any issues with my Jeabo pumps. That does not meant I won't but fingers crossed. I do feel that someone like Ecotech are over priced. Don't get me wrong here I love their products and if I could afford them I would have them. I do have an Apex controller and I love it. If Ecotech would or could bring their prices down some, Jeabo would not even be in the picture.

EcoTech Spend tons of Money on Reasearch, Development, Marketing, etc.

Unlike Jeboa that just Copies the Hard Work of Others and uses Cheap Labor and Parts in addition to No Quality Control.

Jeboa will just Stop Great Companies like EcoTech and Tunze from Innovating and Making New Products that will Advance the Hobby.

Why Spend Millions of Dollars when another Company will Steal it out from under you.

P.S. Yes, I know Vortechs are Expensive but get a Used One.

New MP-10 - $285.00
Used MP-10 that I just Picked Up - $100.00 (Much Much more Affordable).

Shop around Deals are to be Had.

VIPReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao led lights were shown at Macna and they look hot. The two models I saw were made made of fiberglass and the other one of carbon fiber. Wifi connectivity to top it off. These were prototype models that just came in from the assembly factory, but will make an impression once they come out, FYI

760mason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the attraction of a cheap, controllable pump but I have a problem with Jaebo for a couple reasons. One, the are a complete knockoff, taking advantage of other company's R&D and just flat out copying it. But that's the norm with the Chinese market. Second, the only way they can be that cheap is if they use cheap parts, period. By all means, buy what you want, but you're not getting quality.
You really think those $400 to $500 pumps are being hand made in the US with better made products? Same stuff made by the same Chinese manufactures. Box states assembled in USA not made in USA. How do you think they copied the product? It may be because they were contracted to mass produce the product. And really how much R and D goes into making a magnetic driven pump? R&D was done many years ago. As far as cheap parts they all use cheap parts. Plastic is plastic. Magnets are magnets. solder is solder copper is copper. There are some differences in firmware but that does not justify the massive cost increase. So with that being said I would much rather my $80 pump fail as opposed to a $500 pump. I am not naming brands because apparently they are sponsors my last post on this topic was deleted. My point is that you dont need to buy into the HYPE. There are other options out there. Yeah if your a millionaire and can drop a grand on 2 power heads go for it. I would rather put that grand into live stock. I will have $over $800 worth of coral to your 2 overpriced power heads. I am in this hobby for the Corals and having a beautiful tank not to keep up with the jones on equipment.

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wp40 running for 15 months now with no problem and is still going strong.

OP
OP
Adam Baggett

Adam Baggett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I seemed to have have started a firestorm here. We all have our ideas. I agree I'd rather put livestock in the tank. Jeabo have their place and so does Ecoteck and others. Would I like Ecotech? Yes because they have lots of fun bells and whistles that I would love to play with. But I simply cannot afford what I need. I am trying to setup a 350 gallon reef tank (48x48x36) so I will need 2 mp40's $930 and 4 Radion Pros (for depth) $3000. So I need about $4000 just for lights and internal pumps and I am not sure but I might need a couple of sea swearls as I don't think 2 MP40's will be enough for such a big reef tank.

So at this time Jeabo or Jeabo like brands is the way to go until I can afford others.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lucked out big time w jebao. I had a WP25 but did not get the little night mode sensor. I made an order through fish street for a RW15 and the sensor for my WP25 which was labeled on the site as "sensor wp25, wp40, wp60" as its the same sensor on all of those models. Well, only 2 days later I received a HUGE package in the mail containing a RW15, wp25, wp40, and wp60 pumps!! lol they must have messed up and misread the description/order on the sensor. Sensor cost $1, so for $1 I got all 3 of those pumps (I did pay full price for RW15). Needless to say I never complained or said anything lol. But still I have been looking for good deals on the vortechs. I have a MP10 and just the other day bought a used mp40 from a local reef club member for $200. I believe the mp ' s are worth the cash, especially if you find good deals for used ones.

Attachments

• 1409579417281.jpg
    1409579417281.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 301

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really think those $400 to $500 pumps are being hand made in the US with better made products? Same stuff made by the same Chinese manufactures. Box states assembled in USA not made in USA. How do you think they copied the product? It may be because they were contracted to mass produce the product. And really how much R and D goes into making a magnetic driven pump? R&D was done many years ago. As far as cheap parts they all use cheap parts. Plastic is plastic. Magnets are magnets. solder is solder copper is copper. There are some differences in firmware but that does not justify the massive cost increase. So with that being said I would much rather my $80 pump fail as opposed to a $500 pump. I am not naming brands because apparently they are sponsors my last post on this topic was deleted. My point is that you dont need to buy into the HYPE. There are other options out there. Yeah if your a millionaire and can drop a grand on 2 power heads go for it. I would rather put that grand into live stock. I will have $over $800 worth of coral to your 2 overpriced power heads. I am in this hobby for the Corals and having a beautiful tank not to keep up with the jones on equipment.

I just got a Used Vortech for 100.00

You just spent 80.00 when that breaks you buy another and another and another, etc.

After just one dying you are out 60.00 in comparison with me with more money spent down the road.

So how is that a good purchasing decision?

And with no quality control who knows what that Jeboa will be leaching into your water.

What if the extra livestock you buy does from that?

Was it a good deal then?

Shop around used ones are going for not much more than Jeboa.

P.S. I am not a Millionaire and I guarantee you make more than me.

Plus its also immoral to steal things and I will not support that.

Jeboa has not one ounce of creativity in them.

They cannot even come up with a name without copying another company.

Come on my three year old niece could come up with a name.

Last edited:

El Chavito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not have good luck with jaebo. Pump died within 6 months. Think its hit or miss with them. Ok investing $100 on pump and hoping it works...doser not so much. You have problems with ecotech and in my experience customer service is top notch. Jaebo, nobody to turn to. My ecotech has been running for almost 5 years now, barely replaced motor two months ago.

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hated my WP60s. Got rid of them after 3 days after one of them went bad.

They don't have the under tow and over tow like the vortechs. They aren't even remotely close to the same pump. It's just a different type of a pump.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeabo compares to tunZe. Nothing like vortech.

Yes I agree that cheap Chinese fabrication is not a good thing for the hobby, or the country for that matter.

Last edited:

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, wouldn't trust something like a Doser unless its of the highest quality, especially in light of the stories of guys getting shocked by Jebao powerhead current leaks.

OP
OP
Adam Baggett

Adam Baggett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to o watch the reviews of this new Jeabo doser. Whos to say it is low quality. We will see

pbrano97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had both jebao and vortech pumps...no doubt vortechs are built and made a LOT better...the jebaos are kind of cheaply made but for the price difference they work great!

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Samsung makes good quality products if you want to go beyond their introductory lines. Jebao does not...
Jebao isn't bad for a cheap pump, but it doesn't compare to the quality tunze pumps and customer service you get with them. Why you would compare it to a mp40...idk, they are nothing alike. MP40s can sink wireless, have external motors, and cost a lot more.
Jebao fills its niche of budget reefing, but there will always be a market for the higher end tunze pumps that do not quit working ever...and when they do an overnight vinegar bath fixes everything.
BTW I've got 2 mp40 and a variety of tunze pumps and have had jebao wp40 as well.
fish street has excellent customer service with the products they sell.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back